Game crashes after loading

Basic information about troubleshooting problems that you could encounter while playing the game.
iGlu.Papaco

Game crashes after loading

Postby iGlu.Papaco » 23 June 2016, 13:31

So, as with a lot of people here in the forums apparently, the game has been crashing on me after the new update. I try loading sisters. I try loading mercs. I try loading skaven. I krash everytiem. It loads the levels, but as soon as the deployment for the first warrior starts, the game crashes. I tried everything in your post, nothing worked.
Attachments
DxDiag.txt
Dxdiag
(83.05 KiB) Downloaded 55 times
output_log.txt
outputlog
(111.34 KiB) Downloaded 56 times

Drildgen

Re: Game crashes after loading

Postby Drildgen » 23 June 2016, 13:53

Greetings iGlu.Papaco,

Thank your very much for reporting this issue and your debug files. I have passed along all your information to our programmers who will investigate on the matter.

Best regards,
Good hunting in the streets of Mordheim!

-Drildgen

iGlu.Papaco

Postby iGlu.Papaco » 23 June 2016, 14:07

so when can I expect to get an answer?

Drildgen

Postby Drildgen » 23 June 2016, 14:58

Unfortunately, i cannot give you any ETA on this matter. You are not alone who's experiencing this issue, so we won't be answering each person individually. Keep an eye out on the patch notes :)

-Drildgen

iGlu.Papaco

Postby iGlu.Papaco » 23 June 2016, 21:34

Update : I have been able to load an older warband and launch a mission as long as I don't deploy. It seems I only crash if I try to deploy, as with many others here in the forum. This is not really a workaround though, as it is pretty suicidal to launch a mission without deploying IMHO.

Edit: Another possibly interesting information is that I was unable o find the Mordheim folder in the regedit. I went to HKEY_USER yadda yadda and the folder is simply not there .-.

Prince Tiamath

Postby Prince Tiamath » 24 June 2016, 12:50

Update : I have been able to load an older warband and launch a mission as long as I don't deploy. It seems I only crash if I try to deploy, as with many others here in the forum. This is not really a workaround though, as it is pretty suicidal to launch a mission without deploying IMHO.

Edit: Another possibly interesting information is that I was unable o find the Mordheim folder in the regedit. I went to HKEY_USER yadda yadda and the folder is simply not there .-.

Launch without deployment works but after picking few wyrdstones my game crashed and is crashing everytime I load the save...

iGlu.Papaco

Postby iGlu.Papaco » 24 June 2016, 15:04

that`s exactly what happened with my sister`s warband. I started the game just fine, picked up 1 wyrdstone,now it crashes whenever I try to load the save. I started a new merc warband to see if I was able to play and it seems as long as I don`t deploy I can play, and it hasn`t crashed ( i picked up quite a lot of wyrdstone now and it didn`t crash ... except for when I tried to deploy). So sad, I was looking forward for this dlc, but I aint buyin shit before I can play the base game decently

iGlu.Papaco

Postby iGlu.Papaco » 24 June 2016, 18:54

So I was playing around with this merc's warband, did some missions without deploying (its kinda hard, but as long as you pick the right missions, its doable), and guess what? It crashed. Without even using deployment. I had just reached lvl 2 with this new warband and now I am again stuck in a mission I cant play, and will probably have to abandon the battle and deal with the consequences. This is just beyond frustrating. I will honestly download the older pirate version, since the original version I have simply doesn't work, which goes to show just how much Rogue Factor fucked up the game with this update.

Yominokuni

Postby Yominokuni » 26 June 2016, 22:12

I am having the same problem. Steam version. Game doesn't really crash, but i see my warrior, the screen rotates a little bit, and then it just locks up completely. Nothing but alt F4 works. This is a pretty gamebreaking issue and exactely the reason i don't buy games unless they've been out a bit. I won't play the game for a while, and if this does not get corrected, i'm getting a refund. I do not want a game i am unable to play properly. Random deployment isn't a good option in most games.

Drildgen

Postby Drildgen » 27 June 2016, 14:19

Thank you for all the additional information everyone, they will help us find out where these bugs are coming from. I will forward all your reports and information to our programmers.

Hang in there!

-Drildgen

Return to “Technical Support”