CotP: Possessed need something

Share your thoughts and ideas about Mordheim: City of the Damned
PlagueMonk

CotP: Possessed need something

Postby PlagueMonk » 16 September 2016, 19:33

As others have pointed out elsewhere, the Possessed unit really needs something more because right now they feel lacking because the can't wear real armor, can't wield real weapons, use shields (and their accompanying skills) and on top of that no ability to disengage.

The other bigger problem is, over time their "claim to fame ability" becomes worse as you approach lvl 10 and the enemy has started putting points into Leadership. Which usually means most henchmen are getting at least 10+% better but decent heroes are climbing to 60+% and leaders are near immune at 80+%. This seems a bit unfair imho since they are missing many of the better defensive mechanisms other units get.

So I think they should get a proportionate bump in their fear ability as they go up in level to keep their fear equal with what it was at the start. maybe tie it to their mutations and give them a 4% boost every time they mutate. While this will most likely not be enough to counter leaders, they will probably only lose a bit to heroes and be even with henchmen.

I also believe they need some better base defenses. If not say a basic +10% melee resist to start, at the very least they could use a larger/better hit point pool. Something to boost their defenses to compensate for no armor, no shield, no shield skills, no disengage.

Jisur

Re: CotP: Possessed need something

Postby Jisur » 21 September 2016, 22:24

The Possessed in my experience is bad at the beginning, ruthless in the end... depending on mutation of course. Buffing them would be dangerous cause with the right mutations they are op as it is. That is my thoughts anyway.

Drildgen

Postby Drildgen » 22 September 2016, 15:14

The Possessed in my experience is bad at the beginning, ruthless in the end... depending on mutation of course. Buffing them would be dangerous cause with the right mutations they are op as it is. That is my thoughts anyway.

Precisely! :)
Good hunting in the streets of Mordheim!

-Drildgen

Arganan

Postby Arganan » 27 September 2016, 09:48

There are also warband set up option to support fear skills in late game when you want to rely on it. There are echantments stacking to decrease fear roll chance. So you can train a breathen to be able to shoot three times with a bow enchanted with fear roll chance decrease. So they are capable in the late game. Right it is hard in the beginning, but the pain is worth it. It is caos :)

Return to “Feedbacks”