Marked for death

Share your thoughts and ideas about Mordheim: City of the Damned
Nightwalker

Marked for death

Postby Nightwalker » 08 February 2016, 23:54

1st mission
I kill the leader amd then the marked for death hero and minor victory is imminent

2nd mission
Leader and hero are next to each other
I kill the hero but his body drops inside the leader's zone so i can t loot it
Once the leader is dead
again instant minor victory

sp what if the marked for death completes when the unit marked dies???
I ve lost many objectives over silly gamey non strategic reasons

drenzul

Re: Marked for death

Postby drenzul » 09 February 2016, 10:46

Its been a constant complaint... still no dev response or anything like a fix.

Nightwalker

Postby Nightwalker » 09 February 2016, 11:29

What fix? people have this mentality that it makes the game "hardcore"

MasterN

Postby MasterN » 09 February 2016, 12:28

1st mission
I kill the leader amd then the marked for death hero and minor victory is imminent

2nd mission
Leader and hero are next to each other
I kill the hero but his body drops inside the leader's zone so i can t loot it
Once the leader is dead
again instant minor victory

sp what if the marked for death completes when the unit marked dies???
I ve lost many objectives over silly gamey non strategic reasons
Effectively, if you consider the game mechanics as a given, it can be considered a tactical/strategic failure. If you're already lucky enough that the AI didn't hide your target in one of the buildings, then splitting both units and deciding which one to kill first can be considered a necessary strategy.

Nightwalker

Postby Nightwalker » 09 February 2016, 12:41

Effectively, if you consider the game mechanics as a given, it can be considered a tactical/strategic failure. If you're already lucky enough that the AI didn't hide your target in one of the buildings, then splitting both units and deciding which one to kill first can be considered a necessary strategy.
Facepalm

Nightwalker

Postby Nightwalker » 09 February 2016, 15:26

in another mission I killed leader 1 hero 2 henchmen and 1 impressive and the enemy was left with 1 augur and 1 henchman the route test succeeded and i was able to loot the entire instance...So spare me with tactical-strategic...It s a die roll. Nothing more nothing less

MasterN

Postby MasterN » 11 February 2016, 16:38

Facepalm
in another mission I killed leader 1 hero 2 henchmen and 1 impressive and the enemy was left with 1 augur and 1 henchman the route test succeeded and i was able to loot the entire instance...So spare me with tactical-strategic...It s a die roll. Nothing more nothing less
Then I don't really get what you're complaining about.
- If an opponent unit falls unreachable into another units (same faction) zone, then they were basically standing within each others, which is a bug, not a feature.
- Drildgen already confirmed, that the mechanics of "Marked for Death" won't change. So adjusting for the present system is all that can be done, and it can be done (mostly). Except when the AI hides its units somewhere, where I can't find them fast enough, I succeed in about 80% of cases.
- The fact that the rout test is a dice roll is what makes this an excellent tabletop adaptation (as it is called a leadership test there)

What's your issue then?

Nightwalker

Postby Nightwalker » 11 February 2016, 21:38

agreed in most of your point... The best way to deal with "the mechanics of "Marked for Death" won't change" is to avoid taking such missions and i believe everyone avoids "crush their will" quests too at least up until u get some movement boosts from skills etc. All these make the game monotonous and grind fest(hence this thread) which is lame because other than these silly strategicless and pointless mechanics the game is outstanding...

Well there are "other ways" to override bad game mechanics and since i know that i will not overdo it nor i tend to play pvp I m fine with it. It s just such an epic fail when a game forces you to follow such methods not because it s difficult but because it becomes frustrating and boring not to. The game mechanics may be "given" but my will to play for fun and not for frustration is bigger.

I simply play a mission legit and if i lose the objective over some stupid gamey rule...It s tweaking time!

Nightwalker

Postby Nightwalker » 11 February 2016, 21:42

oh and i m complaining because i don t like die rolls I m ok with my attack missing...I m not ok because the round ended before i get the chance to loot

Hety

Postby Hety » 24 February 2016, 09:33

I wonder why the MfD misions are even called that. They should rename them to "Empty their pockets" mission. Killing the targets actually gets us nowhere right now.

Return to “Feedbacks”