Multiplayer - consider some changes to discourage turtling.

Share your thoughts and ideas about Mordheim: City of the Damned
MANoob

Multiplayer - consider some changes to discourage turtling.

Postby MANoob » 12 January 2016, 23:16

Currently turtling is rewarded too heavily, especially given the fact that you can take your own idol and don't even have to protect your cart (think it's a bug that needs fixing). But even if it's fixed you can simply camp around your cart. I think MP needs something like control points on the map that need to be captured and if someone holds > 50% of them for more than X turns he wins. These should be spread out across the whole map of course. Or make gathering >x% wyrdstone a win condition for MP too as long as it's placed symetrically for both players if it's an easier change. The defender's advantage is often too big currently and there's little incenitive to be the agressor.

Twahn

Re: Multiplayer - consider some changes to discourage turtli

Postby Twahn » 13 January 2016, 06:56

Agree

MANoob

Postby MANoob » 25 January 2016, 15:24

Any feedback on this? While the 2nd part is subjective the 1st part (being able to take your idol) is clearly a bug.

Drildgen

Postby Drildgen » 26 January 2016, 20:17

Hello guys!

I'll briefly share information about the idol possession.

When a Warrior takes his own Warband Idol, he/she becomes a shining beacon of light, revealing his/her position to all enemies on the map. So it is easy for your opponent to locate your Idol bearer and get rid of him to capture your idol. To use with caution! ;)

Best regards,
Good hunting in the streets of Mordheim!

-Drildgen

MANoob

Postby MANoob » 26 January 2016, 23:43

Hi Drildgen!

Thanks for your response!

While this is nice, this does not prevent sticking said warrior in a building or similar and turtling and it is often very costly to attack a fortified position, to the point where it either becomes a stalemate or the one who attacks loses. At least the cart is often positioned in a place which is not perfect for setting up defence.

I'm not sure what the best solution would be (although i suggested a couple that I think should work in the original post), but I think encouraging map control would greatly improve both SP and MP experience, as it would be no longer possible to turtle up and wait for the AI to come to you and suicide in SP and it would not be possible to turtle (or kite indefinitely while carrying your idol) in MP. It would also make splitting up and going after objectives a valid strategy as right now keeping your warband together seems like the best course of action most of the time, outside of some flanking manoeuvres.

Return to “Feedbacks”