A few improvements I haven't seen mentioned

Share your thoughts and ideas about Mordheim: City of the Damned
SkunkDave

A few improvements I haven't seen mentioned

Postby SkunkDave » 10 January 2016, 04:46

I see the load times have been addressed ad nauseum, but the gameplay also in general seems really slow, and I have an extremely high patience for the turn based genre. Picking up 5 wyrdstones on the ground? Each one has an animation, then an inventory button press, than an animation for the wyrdstone effect. Combined with that fact that you'll probably need to fight 10 or more battles to beat story missions without egregious losses, the two prior factors make this game basically unplayable for me in its current state. I have sunk 30 hours into the game and have accomplished absolutely nothing.

TLDR
-Shorten load times.
-Allow looting multiple items nearby each other on the ground in a single inventory screen, remove animations for wyrdstone warp
Also,
-Allow an indicator of how many items a character is holding. I shouldn't lose actions checking piles on the ground to realize I can't carry anymore.
-Improve variety and appearance of faces. The Sisters are particularly ghastly.

Sorry if my tone seems negative, I really like the franchise and I really like the direction this is going so you can imagine I'm impatient to see it become more user-friendly.

thomas aagaard

Re: A few improvements I haven't seen mentioned

Postby thomas aagaard » 10 January 2016, 04:50

-Allow an indicator of how many items a character is holding. I shouldn't lose actions checking piles on the ground to realize I can't carry anymore.
press space and move the mouse to the inventory icon and it will tell you.
If you click on the icon you will be told what you got in the inventory.
Thomas Aagaard
9th Stirland Regiment of Spears...

Return to “Feedbacks”