Yes
50%
No
50%

Total votes: 10
Astralwyrm

Vital skills need a vital buff?

Postby Astralwyrm » 01 January 2016, 21:10

10-20% crit rate is pitiful. Vital Strike can't compete with Precise Strike or Strong Blow and whenever a crit doesn't occur you may as well have not used the skill at all. Overpower is better for stunning enemies. Fatality also makes a mockery of Vital Strike and there are comparable skills in the ranged skill list. Not to mention aim as well + 20% hit rate + 5 crit rate.

An example of an interesting and relevant buff would be 10-20% armour bypass, most enemies late game will have that much armour and will buff the attack whilst limiting it's effect by how much armour bypass you have and armour your enemy has where as damage% has no limits.

What do you guys think? Any of you use these skills?

Twahn

Re: Vital skills need a vital buff?

Postby Twahn » 03 January 2016, 02:50

Isn't the armour break debuff essentially a superior version of what you're suggesting?

I don't think vital strike is necessarily the best, but I don't think it's horrible either. You could argue the same thing about precise strike regarding failed criticals (ie. if your opponent failed their dodge or parry anyway then precise strike was useless).

Fatality is incredible. Yeah. Probably OP. I don't think it makes a mockery of vital strike though. Complements it rather, no?

Astralwyrm

Postby Astralwyrm » 03 January 2016, 04:25

Armour Break is a debuff, as far as i'm aware it doesn't effect the initial hit, only hits that come after it. I could be wrong. Also you have to dedicate a unit to accuracy to use Armour Break you don't for Vital Strike or Shot. Fatality compliments it in so much that you probably are only going to want to use vital strike for the final blow/Final two blows depending on op as a result of having it. The best arguement i've heard so far in Vital Skills favour was that crits cause the open wound effect -10% hit rate.

I haven't really gotten to using precise strike or feint yet actually. Most of the time i end up picking up Strong blow because of the damage bonus and not needing to master it. Henchmen wise Strong blow creams both for sheer boosts.

Orkhan

Postby Orkhan » 05 January 2016, 09:24

I think Vital Shot is a good ranged weapon skill for heroes, especially when they use Crossbows or Bows.

Vital Strike has too many competitors. In my Sister warband I learned it on my Impressive, since she has high Accuracy anyway. Once she learned Armor Break mastery there was no point to use Vital Strike anymore (only exception: she has hit with Armor Break and uses Mastery Adrenaline Rush to strike again for 3 more OP).

Return to “Feedbacks”