More women characters please!

Share your thoughts and ideas about Mordheim: City of the Damned
evolvingk

More women characters please!

Postby evolvingk » 29 December 2015, 18:45

I was recently gifted this game, and I've been playing it for several days. Absolutely love the strategy content, the turn based gameplay and the overarching storyline. It's a fantastic game, which I absolutely love.

I hope in future, however, you consider adding the option of men and women models to all the factions, and if you do decide to release future factions, that they also offer both men and women characters. Currently, I'm playing through the Sisters of Sigmar and having tons of fun; I love that the women are built like actual warrior women, aren't crazy gorgeous or wasp waisted. I can understand why they're women-only, or why there might eventually be a corresponding Brotherhood faction. But the mercenary faction badly needs women models!

Thanks for the chance to offer feedback on a game I am absolutely loving. If you offered additional factions as DLC, I would absolutely pay for them, especially if they included a wider variety of character models. Not just white people either; some more brown faces would be absolutely welcome.

Astralwyrm

Re: More women characters please

Postby Astralwyrm » 29 December 2015, 19:24

Not gonna happen for the Skaven at the very least. For example Skaven in their lore refer to females as 'Breeders' i think they literally have them in battery farm like conditions to maintain the Skaven numbers. Mortality rates are desperately low due to constant infighting and backstabbing. They are ment to be the embodiment of the worst traits of humanity after all. When/if Undead or Elves are implemented they are likely to have some female units among them i would guess. The deamonette is probably the hardest of the demons to face in brutal/deadly missions atleast that i've come across.

Re: More women characters please

Postby Guest » 29 December 2015, 22:56

Not gonna happen for the Skaven at the very least. For example Skaven in their lore refer to females as 'Breeders' i think they literally have them in battery farm like conditions to maintain the Skaven numbers. Mortality rates are desperately low due to constant infighting and backstabbing. They are ment to be the embodiment of the worst traits of humanity after all. When/if Undead or Elves are implemented they are likely to have some female units among them i would guess. The deamonette is probably the hardest of the demons to face in brutal/deadly missions atleast that i've come across.
Totally makes sense why it might not happen for all factions. It would just be nice to see more.

Stevie980

Re: More women characters please!

Postby Stevie980 » 30 December 2015, 12:41

I understand you asking this but being a little blunt...i think the devs have far more important issues to adress, there is even a whole Warband only with women, what i think would be nicer is more customization, banners, colours,faces,hair,clothes,etc...

Gwynbleidd

Postby Gwynbleidd » 30 December 2015, 18:07

I agree with everything anybody has said so far:
  • More customization is more important than new female characters.
    It makes perfect sense why there aren't too many women in Mordheim. That place is far to dangerous and most women aren't crazy enough to find themselves there as mercenaries. Sisters were there from the start and have a perfectly good reason for being there.
    That being said, I'd love to see an odd female hero here and there!
But I think it's wiser to add another warband for variety, than to add customization or female characters for the same purpose.

thomas aagaard

Postby thomas aagaard » 30 December 2015, 20:57

I totally agree that it is nice that the models are made like actual women...
The metal plates over the breasts on some models still don't make sense, and in heavy armour they stil got to much "shape" to the upper body... since the padding worn under the armour remove most of it... but still some of the best/realistic models I have seen,
I can understand why they're women-only, or why there might eventually be a corresponding Brotherhood faction. But the mercenary faction badly needs women models!
The Sisters of Sigmar are just that, an order with only women. Naturally there are lots of other Sigmarite orders, but they are other orders and they do not, like the Sisters do, have their main cloister in Mordheim.

Also the Sisters was excommunicated by the Cult...
In the perfect situation there was added a male versions for use by the AI... so we no longer have to fight other sisters. (since that make zero sens fluffwise)

And I agree that mercs need female youngbloods at the very least... since they where in the tt game.

But I also agree with others that other things are more important...
Thomas Aagaard
9th Stirland Regiment of Spears...

Return to “Feedbacks”