Let's talk fall damage!

Share your thoughts and ideas about Mordheim: City of the Damned
Evan_

Let's talk fall damage!

Postby Evan_ » 09 December 2015, 10:48

I love how the unforseeable nature of the original game is implemented here. Battles are hectic - unexpected botches, counterattacks, stuns, etc make the fights really exciting. Magic feels the same with the various Tzeentch effects - some of those are great fun.

I miss a similar unpredictability in agility rolls. Currently I don't feel much difference between 50% and 95% climb chance. In average, the less agile character will use 1 more SP while climbing a wall, while taking like 12 damage. Even two failed rolls on that is barely noticable, even in the very early game. I don't know what the damage is when jumping from higher, but it's either the same or not much higher. I never went 'oucs, that jump was painful'. Am I the only one who misses that?

Suggestion: I think failed agility actions should be able to crit and stun. I also think the fall damage should raise exponentially with the height of the failed jump.

IMHO, that would resembe the source material better, while it would emphasize the differences between warbands and specific characters. What do you think?

Dragzal

Re: Let's talk fall damage!

Postby Dragzal » 09 December 2015, 13:08

Crit, stun and exponential damage is a bit hard. But linear damage and SP lost would resembe the source material better.

Drildgen

Postby Drildgen » 09 December 2015, 16:03

Greetings Evan_,

We feel that Athletic Actions should be part of your strategy rather than be over-punitive for trying to use them. If you feel they are not bringing enough challenge, I suggest you force yourself to use the Athletic Action twice every time you wanna perform one! Hehehe!! :lol:
Good hunting in the streets of Mordheim!

-Drildgen

Astralwyrm

Postby Astralwyrm » 09 December 2015, 16:11

Drildgen attempts to climb, Drildgen rolls double 1's, Drildgen falls onto the pointy end of his spear. =x

I guess i agree with Drildgen, don't want to put off climbing too much. Higher damage on higher falls could put more emphasis on mastering wall runner etc though.

Drildgen

Postby Drildgen » 09 December 2015, 16:37

Drildgen attempts to climb, Drildgen rolls double 1's, Drildgen falls onto the pointy end of his spear. =x
OW! That hurts :oops:
Good hunting in the streets of Mordheim!

-Drildgen

Jisur

Postby Jisur » 09 December 2015, 17:03

Making fall damage % based would make it matter in the late game :) At least I do not fear to jump down 3 floors with my rank 10 warband.

Return to “Feedbacks”