Suggestion: 'Hard AI' option

Share your thoughts and ideas about Mordheim: City of the Damned
Evan_

Suggestion: 'Hard AI' option

Postby Evan_ » 05 December 2015, 07:09

I loved how difficult the game was on the first week. Than I learned the economy and enemy behaviors and stopped doing grave mistakes. On my third week, I don't think I ever lost a match, only the some rare ambushes were close.

So until everyone buys the game and multiplayer servers get clogged... could a 'Hard AI' mode be done? It shouldn't do things much differently. I think it would be enough if it would start the matches with instantly going for the player's cart while keeping it's units together. I wouldn't mind if it ignored the stones and the loot altogether- hell, that's what we do too when facing a tough band.

Thoughts?

Twahn

Re: Suggestion: 'Hard AI' option

Postby Twahn » 05 December 2015, 07:39

The problem with this suggestion is that you're effectively asking for better, or more effective, AI.

The devs are always going to put the best AI possible in and that's what we've got. They'll no doubt continue to work on it as the game continues to be patched, but if there was an AI model that was more effective in battle available we'd already have it.

There are other things they could do to make the game harder for experienced players though.
Maybe...

*an option to set a minimum mission difficulty higher than normal without changing the loot quality. So if you set it to hard you'd have hard missions with normal loot, brutal with hard loot etc.

*an option to set the enemy warband rating. I believe it's 5-10% higher than your own at the moment, but you could potentially set it to something higher to allow your enemies to have better warbands without messing with the mission difficulties.

Evan_

Postby Evan_ » 05 December 2015, 09:35

Fair enough, I'm no programing expert, it was just a feeling I had. Maybe what I feel the need for isn't a 'better ai', just a more agressive one.

Your difficulty suggestions are nice too, I'd totally love an enemy rating slider.

Twahn

Postby Twahn » 05 December 2015, 22:12

Yeah, pathfinding is the biggest issue with the AI, especially impressives. That's an issue that I would think just needs to be continuously worked on for improvement with no easy fix.

Svinto

Postby Svinto » 05 December 2015, 23:25

this is a mix for me. i have not played for a wile have had a fallout 4 break, gotten back in to the mordheim again. i have started a new skaven band and a new cult warband. i played the skaven one to level 5 and below. and i played the cult up top level 9 with my leader and some heroes and one hence is close to that. so i thought well i have not changed to blue or purple gear yet. i had alot of that loot stored. so i geared up for fun. got damn it got hard after that. had won almost every game, up to that point. after the gear change. it was like my crew tied up with their pants down. crying out in pain for lube. can't do anything they just hammer me down. witch made me feel like starting over again and never gearing up with blue and purple again.

Drildgen

Postby Drildgen » 07 December 2015, 16:58

Hello everyone!

First of, I'd like to clarify the situation regarding the AI. While we have no plans on making a "Hard Mode AI", we do plan on applying fixes to the current AI to make it better in the long run. Secondly, something we are looking into is a way to fix the Impressive AI's and the dreaded doorways/corners collisions.

Thanks for your feedbacks guys :)
Good hunting in the streets of Mordheim!

-Drildgen

Return to “Feedbacks”