AI unseen moves

Share your thoughts and ideas about Mordheim: City of the Damned
Olliesmith

AI unseen moves

Postby Olliesmith » 10 December 2015, 09:41

I have to say the waiting for AI that you can't even see is getting very annoying.

Maybe as its AI and reguatdless of what they are doing i can't see them, maybe it could happen instantly.

Twahn

Re: AI unseen moves

Postby Twahn » 10 December 2015, 11:19

What about when you can hear them but not see them?

Just pretend to yourself that they're a real person. If you play real people you generally need to wait even longer. ;)

Or imagine if you were playing tabletop. A game would probably take you half a day, none of the units would have any animations and might even be just one colour. Don't even get me started on what your scenery probably looks like.

Kids these days don't know how good they got it. :P

SilverSwordsman

Postby SilverSwordsman » 10 December 2015, 14:05

Honestly, I think it builds the suspense while waiting for the enemy to approach. It's quite terrifying for me to wait for the AI player that has higher initiative to go ALL AT ONCE at the beginning of the game. I never know if my solo level 8 marksman is going to get wrecked by the 3 sisters that are hunting him down.

And suddenly, after waiting a few minutes... THE ENEMY APPEARS!

IMO it truly adds to the game. It's turn based so wait your turn.

Olliesmith6121

Postby Olliesmith6121 » 11 December 2015, 08:35

Being nearly 31 years old and playing the table top version for years I am well aware of how really people played it and how it looked!

This is not the table to version it's a game and has many differences one of which should be not wasting your life waiting for an enemy unit out side of any area of reach to any of your units to look in a chest for 5mins.

Olliesmith6121

Postby Olliesmith6121 » 11 December 2015, 08:47

Sliverswordans I do agree partly with you that it builds surspence and atmosphere of the Unknown, but in the original table top game which people seem to think is the way the game should be, you had a complete over view of the entire board and all models.

This made the game even more terrifying as you knew where your enemy's heroes were and you couldn't sneak you weak models around alone and try keep out of the battle.

I remember many a time my oppent playing undead with there vampire leader who had movement of 7inchs so could out run my skaven but had the strength and wounds of an ogre, now knowing where he was and who he was with in range of was hard to build tactics around.

I would rather see everything each turn that listen to them move around not knowing what they are doing.

Morjax

Postby Morjax » 10 January 2016, 22:57

And suddenly, after waiting a few minutes... THE ENEMY APPEARS!
A WILD MUDKIP APPEARS! The MUDKIP uses "summon three daemons".....

IT'S SUPER EFFECTIVE!

Last bumped by Anonymous on 10 January 2016, 22:57.

Return to “Feedbacks”