Stuck on stairs in both directions

This is the place to go when you want to report a bug that you encountered while playing Mordheim: City of the Damned.
Blitzconfusion

Stuck on stairs in both directions

Postby Blitzconfusion » 20 September 2016, 15:10

My Doomweavers have engaged the enemy Magister as seen in the picture below. I decide to loot with Verminkin.
However, on the top half of the stairs as, indicated in the picture, Verminkin gets stuck going up. No worries I think and try to backtrack. But no, I can walk to the halfway point of the stairs, where I find another invisible wall. Verminkin stuck properly.

The only possible reason besides the stairs just bugging on me that could possibly exlain anything is that I placed Pestilence Idol below the stairs as seen in the picture.

I will proceed to see if reloading fixes the issue, and if I can get better in-view picture by another Character.
Stuck Stairs.png

Update: Loading allowed me to re-enter the location where I was stuck. I still can't walk up, but by hugging the wall I can backtrack down deside the Idol. Not optimal, but I'll live.

Blitzconfusion

Re: Stuck on stairs in both directions

Postby Blitzconfusion » 20 September 2016, 15:15

Stuck Stairs.png
A better view.

Drildgen

Postby Drildgen » 20 September 2016, 15:28

Hey there! Thanks for reporting this issue. I will give it a look :)
Good hunting in the streets of Mordheim!

-Drildgen

Blitzconfusion

Postby Blitzconfusion » 21 September 2016, 05:24

Hey there! Thanks for reporting this issue. I will give it a look :)
Thank you for your time and effort.

Drildgen

Postby Drildgen » 22 September 2016, 15:56

After further investigation and verifying your screenshot, it seems that the Idol spell positioned under the stairway might be the reason why the passage is unavailable. There are some collision objects within the idol that might overlap with that of the stairway. Since we rebuild the pathfinding dynamically after positioning such object (Idol), the "walkable surface" in the stairway is cut by that collision and prevents you from going up or down.

If you still have access to that particular game, could you please try to destroy the Idol and then take the stairs to see if you can use them after the Idol is gone! :)
Good hunting in the streets of Mordheim!

-Drildgen

Blitzconfusion

Postby Blitzconfusion » 23 September 2016, 12:03

If you still have access to that particular game, could you please try to destroy the Idol and then take the stairs to see if you can use them after the Idol is gone! :)
Unfortunately no. But in the game destroying the Idol did make the passage down easier, but upstairs was still forbidden area.
I know, because AI tried to go there and got stuck even after the Idol expired.

Return to “Bug Report”