Warband Deleted

This is the place to go when you want to report a bug that you encountered while playing Mordheim: City of the Damned.
cheesytator

Warband Deleted

Postby cheesytator » 25 June 2016, 02:47

Hello,

Downloaded and installed the Witch Hunter DLC. Played a few games in single player campaign using my high level Mercenary Warband to see if I could match up against a high level Witch Hunter Warband to see what they are all about and experienced none. Started a Witch Hunter Warband and didn't hire any henchman or hero's, just saved it to play with it the next day.

Next day, I played a few games with the Witch Hunters and wanted to go back to my Merc's. Their place in the "Load Warband" screen was replaced by a level 0 Witch Hunter Warband, with no henchmen/hero's hired, it was also the same name as the Witch Hunter warband that I had previously been playing. I never started a second Witch Hunter Warband, let alone one that had the same name as the previous Witch Hunter warband.

My high level Mercenary Warband is now gone. I don't feel that I accidentally deleted it, as no "warning" screen popped up at all during my time navigating the "Load Warband" screen, nor did I even select the Merc Warband to be able to delete it, as I wanted to start the Witch Hunters warband I had started the previous night

I hope there is a fix for this, as I had a significant amount of time put into that Merc Warband and if its truly gone, I'll be pretty distraught and probably give this game a rest.

Thanks

cheesytator

Re: Warband Deleted

Postby cheesytator » 25 June 2016, 02:56

Found this on the Steam Forum:
So there is a very strange thing. I just wanted to play with my Merc Warband and see there.... the Warband does not longer exist?!!!!???!! So ♥♥♥♥ing why? I didnt delete it or something else. The other strange thing is that my Chaos Warband exist two times.. as if i copied it. So instead of my Merc warband i got a copy of my Chaos Warband. WHAT THE ♥♥♥♥ IS GOING ON !!!!!!
Someone else had the exact same problem with a merc warband. And it doubled up another warband.

Drildgen

Postby Drildgen » 27 June 2016, 14:32

Greetings cheesytator,

I will forward the information you provided to our programmers. Thank you for your bug report!

EDIT: Would you happen to use the cloud to store your saved game files?

Best regards,
Good hunting in the streets of Mordheim!

-Drildgen

cheesytator

Postby cheesytator » 28 June 2016, 00:10

Yes, I have Steam Cloud Synchronization enabled, if thats what you mean.

Is there a way to restore the lost warband through that?

Its probably worth noting that I deleted the original Witch Hunter warband and the duplicate one that replaced my Merc Warband.

smarttrigger

Postby smarttrigger » 06 October 2016, 18:13

Was there any result out of this as the very same thing just happened to me. Shortly before the final mission ...
Check out my Mordheim - City of the Damned Campaigns

Skaven - http://bit.ly/SmartTrigger-Skaven
Sisters of Sigmar - http://bit.ly/SmartTrigger-Sisters
Human Mercenaries - http://bit.ly/SmartTrigger-Mercs

Pur3Lun471c

Postby Pur3Lun471c » 20 October 2016, 22:48

i have a similar problem when i was replacing my hard drive i literally lost 3 lvl 10 warbands im so done with this game HOW can this kind of important data not be saved on YOUR PVP server i mean not everyone uses this cloud sync shit i even made a post here a few pages earlier mb... and got jackshit explanation havnt played the game since but i wanted to come back and everytime i see that i got not even the extra gold bonus which u get when u do the stupid achievements i was done

Drildgen

Postby Drildgen » 21 October 2016, 12:41

Greetings Pur3Lun471c,

Your saved game files are actually saved locally on your computer. When formatting/changing your hard drive, if you do not want to lose them, along with every other information and/or files on your computer, you need to create what we call a "backup" so you can restore everything on your new, or newly formatted, hard drive.

You can locate your saved game files in this folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\<steamid>\276810\remote

If you can manage to plug in your old hard drive and copy those files on your new one, in the same folder, you should recover your saved games.

Good luck :)
Good hunting in the streets of Mordheim!

-Drildgen

game_player

Postby game_player » 13 November 2016, 10:25

Any update on this bug or are you all just ignoring this? My warbands were steam cloud saved but i guarantee this is not happening across my saved games, just yours. Where it is overwritting other warbands with copies of others. Lost my Sisters to a Cult copy. I know this game is fairly bug ridden and sloppy but ffs, can't you even get saving right...

UbAh

Postby UbAh » 10 December 2016, 22:01

I found this thread while researching the problem.

To the Devs I am very disappointing that this level of a bug is still unaddressed for half a year now.

To anyone else, has there been a workaround fix to this issue so I can play more than one warband?

Foxz

Postby Foxz » 14 December 2016, 15:46

I currently was playing with my Witch Hunter warband and proceeded from rank 8 to 9 yesterday (13.12.2016).
Today I logged in and wanted to proceed with my rank 9 Possessed warband, but it is replaced with the old data of my witch hunter warband now.
I have a rank 8 and rank 9 witch hunter warband and no rank 9 Possessed warband anymore ...

Can this be reverted? ... this really really ... s***s ...

Return to “Bug Report”