[BUG] Doors & Stairways blocked by invisible barriers

This is the place to go when you want to report a bug that you encountered while playing Mordheim: City of the Damned.
PHRAETUS

[BUG] Doors & Stairways blocked by invisible barriers

Postby PHRAETUS » 17 February 2016, 06:34

Had this issue occur in the past few days where I can have a Character deployed upstairs in a room & can not go downstairs to escape the building, or a character either upstairs or downstairs with a clear door way that can not be passed through.

In the case of stairs, it has generally been blocked in the bottom half of the flight, like there is a wall somewhere across the last third of the stairs. There is absolutely no indication that the way should be blocked & visually it appears like a normal clear staircase.

With the doors it has occurred with both internal & externally facing door ways. Much like the stairs, the way appears totally clear, but you can not pass through no matter what you do. In one particular case I was able to still be attacked like I was standing in an open doorway. In another I was completely trapped with no way of exiting the small room I started in.

I haven't noticed a pattern to this occurring yet, seems completely random.
Been playing the Sisters of Battle.

Drildgen

Re: [BUG] Doors & Stairways blocked by invisible barriers

Postby Drildgen » 17 February 2016, 15:04

Greetings PHRAETUS,

Unfortunately, without a screenshot it is impossible for us to determine "X" building on "Y" map with "Z" position without a good screenshot of the building itself and another screenshot of the overview (strategy view) camera. Next time you encounter unreachable areas in a building, please take a couple screenshots and post them along with your topic... It will greatly help us narrow down the problem and fix it!

Best regards,
Good hunting in the streets of Mordheim!

-Drildgen

Astralwyrm

Postby Astralwyrm » 05 March 2016, 15:48

Found one here just now.

Drildgen

Postby Drildgen » 07 March 2016, 15:47

Thank you Astralwyrm!

I'll investigate this one myself! ;)

-Drildgen

Myrqaw Aerul

Postby Myrqaw Aerul » 08 March 2016, 21:27

I found another one here :

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7656 ... reenshots/

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7656 ... reenshots/

Is it just because of the fountain steps? Seems a bit ridiculous considering the height of them.

Drildgen

Postby Drildgen » 09 March 2016, 14:26

Hey Myrqaw Aerul,

The links you posted above won't work for me. They send me to a screenshot gallery, not to specific ones...

I would really appreciate if you could post them directly here on the forums, it would facilitate my investigation ;)

Best regards,

-Drildgen

Drildgen

Postby Drildgen » 21 March 2016, 15:33

Ahhh there ya go! It worked this time!

Unfortunately, I can tell from your screenshots that it is something that *might* happen with our procedural system. This corner piece (the one your Skaven is standing on) is made to end a line of buildings but the last building in line has an opening on the side. The two pieces together doesn't allow you free movement into the building due to its elevation. I'll see if I can add something to the corner piece that will help visualize this, but at this point it might create other bugs that we don't expect... :(

Best regards,

-Drildgen

PHRAETUS

Postby PHRAETUS » 29 March 2016, 07:13

Taken me a while to stumble upon this again, but the other day I found stairs that I could not ascend.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzSc-I ... sp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzSc-I ... sp=sharing

Hopefully those links will work?

Return to “Bug Report”