Web of Steel not rolling proper parry checks?

This is the place to go when you want to report a bug that you encountered while playing Mordheim: City of the Damned.
Zyren

Web of Steel not rolling proper parry checks?

Postby Zyren » 08 January 2016, 05:19

Web of steel is an epic ability, I'm sure most agree. However, I've been checking the roll log while my parry checks happen and it seems the numbers aren't quite right. My leader normally has a 64% chance to parry, but the web of steel checks have been calling for around 45%. This is not just with my leader as i have a hero with an 88% chance normally and he is getting checked for a 72%.

I'm not completely sure if web of steel is supposed to have the same chance as a normal parry attempt, as it really doesn't specify in the ability description, but it would make sense.

Just wondering, Thanks!

-Zyren

Arganan

Re: Web of Steel not rolling proper parry checks?

Postby Arganan » 08 January 2016, 06:24

Keep in mind, that there are other parameters(strength, spear, dagger, strong blow and even passiv skills) that decrease the chance for parry.

Zyren

Postby Zyren » 08 January 2016, 18:13

I never considered that the enemy AI would have skills/other aspects that would lower the parry check, and that makes sense. However this is happening constantly with the same numbers, over several missions. Unless all AI have the exact same skills, weapons, and such, something isn't being factored in correctly.

Postby Guest » 08 January 2016, 19:23

Keep in mind, that there are other parameters(strength, spear, dagger, strong blow and even passiv skills) that decrease the chance for parry.
Just look closer at bold word) Basically the numbers on your screen would never be actual target for Parry roll. Because it will be mitigated at least by strength. Aswell as many other common and uncommon factors. That's why many guides recomend to get Parry/Dodge over the 95% threshold for tanks.

You can learn alot about this and other game mechanics checking tutorials and WiKi. It might seem a bit complex but it's pretty engaging and open for experiments. So you can really try out something by yourself. Feature, which many games lack nowadays.

Zyren

Postby Zyren » 09 January 2016, 03:38

Alright cool, makes sense. Thanks for the tips.

Return to “Bug Report”