Skirmish crash causing abandoment

This is the place to go when you want to report a bug that you encountered while playing Mordheim: City of the Damned.
CharanJaydemyr

Skirmish crash causing abandoment

Postby CharanJaydemyr » 18 December 2015, 12:02

Hi there,

So a friend and I were playing a few skirmishes (him skaven, me various warbands) and twice we encountered this bug. One of us was due to counter-attack but the game would then basically freeze for the other person. The person who was due to counter could do nothing but abandon the mission, causing full out of action consequences. The other person was locked in, waiting for the counter.

This happened twice over the course of four skirmishes. Doesn't really bother me because I tend to use disposable warbands online, but my friend is much more competitive and a forced abandonment can result in serious consequences.

Thank you for any information in this regard and we hope this helps you improve a game we both deeply enjoy,

Drildgen

Re: Skirmish crash causing abandoment

Postby Drildgen » 18 December 2015, 15:05

Greetings CharanJaydemyr,

It seems that you have experienced a desynchronization issue. This happens sometimes with the Ambush/Charge skills. Fortunately, it is planned for one of our programmers to be looking into this problem before next patch hits the live game.

Until then, have fun :)
Good hunting in the streets of Mordheim!

-Drildgen

CharanJaydemyr

Postby CharanJaydemyr » 10 January 2016, 21:40

Thank you so much for your prompt reply and informative response! Will be looking forward to a fix to this relatively minor problem.

amsedal

Postby amsedal » 13 March 2016, 02:09

Cant believe this is still happening after a year ... My friend and I played this, stopped because of some of the issues basically made the game unplayable in a game that was made for skirmishes. Picked it back up and STILL this is happening, the game will freeze leaving you no other choice but closing the game. End of match AND all the time you put into it ... ok ... guess we shelve it for another year ... uninstalling...

-Amsedal :evil:

Drildgen

Postby Drildgen » 14 March 2016, 14:11

Hi there amsedal,

Sorry to hear you feel this way about the game... While we did have problems with desyncing in the past, we're already made quite a few fixes to prevent it from happening. Unfortunately, it is an issue that can still happen in certain specific situations that we are currently fixing for next patch! :)

Best regards,
Good hunting in the streets of Mordheim!

-Drildgen

Postby Guest » 15 March 2016, 04:11

yep, and when I played solo... I had no problems. The second game we played vs. each other, there it was .. he was also still able to attack me halfway around a wall ... I kinda could make it past that, he was a sneaky rat with a long pole arm blade... No worries, maybe in another year. Love to hear your working on it :)

-Ams

Return to “Bug Report”