Overviewing during enemy turn harder now?

This is the place to go when you want to report a bug that you encountered while playing Mordheim: City of the Damned.
Blitzconfusion

Overviewing during enemy turn harder now?

Postby Blitzconfusion » 11 December 2015, 10:17

Before, I often used the Overview during the turns of unseen enemies to map and plan my future movement. True, line of sight enemies disrupt that, but the unseen ones didn't.

Some time ago, entering Overview during the enemy turn has become... inconsistent? Sometimes the button just turns unresponsive, or requires multiple attempts, and I never see any pattern to it. The enemy remained unseen, but somehow still disrupts overview.

Would have posted on feedback, but I don't know if this was intentional.

Morjax

Re: Overviewing during enemy turn harder now?

Postby Morjax » 11 December 2015, 21:41

Before, I often used the Overview during the turns of unseen enemies to map and plan my future movement. True, line of sight enemies disrupt that, but the unseen ones didn't.

Some time ago, entering Overview during the enemy turn has become... inconsistent? Sometimes the button just turns unresponsive, or requires multiple attempts, and I never see any pattern to it. The enemy remained unseen, but somehow still disrupts overview.

Would have posted on feedback, but I don't know if this was intentional.
I noticed this as well. My most recent match, I had to mash the button a few times to get in or out of overview mode. A bit of a bother, but not a showstopper, I supoose.

edit: supoosing is the best kind of poosing. That is all.

Drildgen

Postby Drildgen » 14 December 2015, 16:32

Hello you two,

Actually, you can use the Strategy View when its the enemy's turn. But as soon as there's going to be a camera event triggered (line of sight, movement, new unit turn, etc) the camera event will take precedence over the Overview camera. This is probably why you're experiencing weird behavior with your overview camera selection during the enemy's turn.

Hope this answers your question
Good hunting in the streets of Mordheim!

-Drildgen

Blitzconfusion

Postby Blitzconfusion » 15 December 2015, 16:18

Hello you two,

Actually, you can use the Strategy View when its the enemy's turn. But as soon as there's going to be a camera event triggered (line of sight, movement, new unit turn, etc) the camera event will take precedence over the Overview camera. This is probably why you're experiencing weird behavior with your overview camera selection during the enemy's turn.

I'm aware of this. However, are you sure that the game hasn't suddenly started to have the window of these interuptions be larger, as entering used to be easier (I speak from experience)?

Postby Guest » 15 December 2015, 21:24

Hello you two,

I'm aware of this. However, are you sure that the game hasn't suddenly started to have the window of these interuptions be larger, as entering used to be easier (I speak from experience)?
I don't think so - but if you don't want it to do that (I like it though as it helps me keep taps on where the enemy is coming from) you can always turn it off in the options menu.

Shadewarp

Postby Shadewarp » 15 December 2015, 21:27

I don't think so - but if you don't want it to do that (I like it though as it helps me keep taps on where the enemy is coming from) you can always turn it off in the options menu.
And that was me - the system logged me out :P

Drildgen

Postby Drildgen » 16 December 2015, 14:42

I am not aware of any changes applied to this feature. I'll ask around to double check if there was any modifications to the feature but from the first response from my colleagues it is highly unlikely.

-Drildgen

Drildgen

Postby Drildgen » 16 December 2015, 14:43

I am not aware of any changes applied to this feature. I'll ask around to double check if there was any modifications to the feature but with the first response from my colleagues it is highly unlikely.

-Drildgen

Return to “Bug Report”