Issues with characters staying in combat

This is the place to go when you want to report a bug that you encountered while playing Mordheim: City of the Damned.
drenzul

Issues with characters staying in combat

Postby drenzul » 01 December 2015, 21:16

Hi, sorry no screenshot here but this has happened to me quite a few times.

Basically a character that should be engaged in combat, suddenly isn't and can walk away.
This normally happens when they are fighting round an obstacle or doorway.

For example last night, was fighting a chaos warband, they were almost dead other than their spawn and a couple of henchman.
I ran my Maiden into combat with the Spawn to hold him up, the rest of my warband engaged the remaining people.
The Maiden had exchanged blows with the Spawn, so they were clearly in combat.

In the spawn's turn, it turns round, runs off and kills one of my henchmen in one round..... (3 crits the swine), when he shouldn't of been able to disengage. He made no disengage action, he just ran off.

I've had it a few times as well were my sisters have been engaged in combat, then were able to leave without disengaging.

Other than obstacles in the way, another thing that seems to prompt this is sometimes when a character is in combat with multiples and kills the first enemy, he won't always be in contact with the second enemy.

Its a really nasty bug when you are relying on an enemy been locked in combat to keep your weaker guys alive.

Drildgen

Re: Issues with characters staying in combat

Postby Drildgen » 02 December 2015, 16:36

Greetings drenzul,

Thanks for reporting this issue! I will transfer this to our QA Manager to see if he can reproduce it in a controlled environment so our programmers can look into it!

Best regards,
Good hunting in the streets of Mordheim!

-Drildgen

hroch

Postby hroch » 02 December 2015, 21:34

I have encountered same issue. It happens when one model is in close quarters (i.e. in door) and another model is attacking it from "blind angle". It is fine for one round, but next round those morels are no longer considered as engaged. In in pictures bellow is my hero, who became suddenly "disengaged". This happened to me in similar situations in multiple maps.

Image Image
Gunslinger & Troubleshooter

Morjax

Postby Morjax » 11 December 2015, 21:04

I have encountered same issue. It happens when one model is in close quarters (i.e. in door) and another model is attacking it from "blind angle". It is fine for one round, but next round those morels are no longer considered as engaged. In in pictures bellow is my hero, who became suddenly "disengaged". This happened to me in similar situations in multiple maps.

Image Image

I misunderstood at first, but I think I get it now. I thought the enemy was disengaging, and retargetting another unit (which is fine, depending on who the AI deems a good target), but you guys are describing a situation in which an engaged unit is simply not engaged anymore for no apparent reason.

Drildgen'll get the gang on it right quick, I don't doubt ^_^

Drildgen

Postby Drildgen » 14 December 2015, 16:26

Hey there guys!

Just spoke with our programmer in charge of combat and he told me that he has made a fix for everything combat engagement related. This new code should be out with the next patch coming soon! If you are still experiencing this problem after the patch, please report it again in a new topic :)

Thanks a lot for your patience.
Good hunting in the streets of Mordheim!

-Drildgen

Return to “Bug Report”