Gamebreaking glitch/bug on Mercs mission 3.

This is the place to go when you want to report a bug that you encountered while playing Mordheim: City of the Damned.
Gwynbleidd

Re: Gamebreaking glitch/bug on Mercs mission 3.

Postby Gwynbleidd » 08 December 2015, 15:44

I abandoned the mission by killing Luthor with blunderbuss and I redid the mission.

This is the best solution I've found but you must have a weapon with area effect or bring down Luthor to death.

Sorry for my english

:D

I should've brought a shotgun. I'll just have to keep pushing him off a cliff. The problem is, he's pretty agile. Just lands on his feet.

I'm kind of afraid that when I redo the mission the deamons will just block the portal again. It happened to me twice on my first run.
I'm just playing other warbands at the moment. But I've reached the Library mission with the sisters but I'm reluctant to take it.

Super sumo

Postby Super sumo » 10 December 2015, 20:31

Same thing happened to me, but playing as the possessed, my impressive is the one that died, and a bloodletter is up there, not a daemonnette. Exact same problem though.

Postby Guest » 11 December 2015, 07:36

Same thing happened to me, but playing as the possessed, my impressive is the one that died, and a bloodletter is up there, not a daemonnette. Exact same problem though.

You can kill the Bloodletter by coming from the ledge on the other side, through the orange portal on the main room ground floor. Preferably with archers so you don't even have to descend and take damage.

The deamonette however, doesn't have an alternative approach.

That is, if the demons are in the same sections for Possessed as they are for Reiklanders. Dunno. Did not get there yet with Chaos warband.

Drildgen

Postby Drildgen » 11 December 2015, 14:54

Hello everyone,

First of, I would like to apologize for the teleport bug you are currently experiencing in the Library. I would like to let you all know that we are currently working on a fix that will prevent the looting bags from interfering with the teleporters. We are also further enhancing the AI to reduce even more the chances of any Daemons to block the teleports as well.

While we cannot confirm this fix will make it in the next patch, we're focusing all our efforts in order to do so!

Hang in there!
Good hunting in the streets of Mordheim!

-Drildgen

Loki

Postby Loki » 11 December 2015, 16:31

I've just had to abandon the mission after 37 rounds because the same thing happened to me (on round 21). The result was that I picked up some of the nastiest injuries I've received. Not one of my mercs was out of action and I had killed everything except that irritating daemonette. No patch will undo the damage to my warband or remove the skull fracture that my level 7 captain suffered (oh the joys of his stupidity!)

Since there has obviously been difficulty fixing this issue by changing the way the teleporters work why not just change the daemonette's behaviour to pursue you through the teleporters once you find her. The bloodletter came at me before I'd even found it!

This game is frustratingly hard at times but that's part of its grim brilliance (although your RNG is absolutely ludicrous!). Glitches that punish players on top are unacceptable when the consequences are permanent. I'm not prepared to risk that level again until the issue has been fixed!

crimsonsun

Postby crimsonsun » 11 December 2015, 22:11

I've played that mission twice with rats, and last night with Mercenaries not a single issue.. How odd. With Mercs it was a breeze, with rats it was more tricky but I had a rotten RNG string in a couple of early fights both times so I couldn't use a lot of my warband effectively as they were to close to going Out of action.

Gwynbleidd

Postby Gwynbleidd » 14 December 2015, 07:14

Hello everyone,

First of, I would like to apologize for the teleport bug you are currently experiencing in the Library. I would like to let you all know that we are currently working on a fix that will prevent the looting bags from interfering with the teleporters. We are also further enhancing the AI to reduce even more the chances of any Daemons to block the teleports as well.

While we cannot confirm this fix will make it in the next patch, we're focusing all our efforts in order to do so!

Hang in there!

Just edit the Library map to add another teleport in the deamonette section, and you're done. She can't stand on two teleports at once, so if she blocks one of them, the one on the opposite side of the room will be available.
Then, if the looting bags are the problem... why should the bag interact with the teleport in any way?

Sartori

Postby Sartori » 14 December 2015, 07:31

I am having the same issue, the daemonette won't move so I can't enter that section of the library. Version 1.0.4.9.

Gwynbleidd

Postby Gwynbleidd » 15 December 2015, 07:34

Weirdest thing happen to me yesterday:

During the past two weeks I loaded my stuck Bookworms mission with human mercenaries in which the deamonette was blocking my progress a couple of time just so I can keep throwing nimble Luthor of a cliff to avoid dishonorable and costly abandon mission. In the mean time I played other warbands. So yesterday I load in order to finish the job and finally restart the mission. Just as I got Luthor's health to one last fatal jump, I thought I'd check the blocked portal one last time just for fun. And my leader gets through. Standing right beside the half fdead deamonette.

Turns out that my ogre that was the first to fall to the deamonette, and is the reason she was blocking the portal, was uniquely qualified for that fight due to his stun resistance. My leader land a few blows on her before he gets stunned and succumbs, And she's blocking the portal again. For a few turns.

I reload, once. Twice. And My champion gets through to charge the deamonette. So he moved of the portal and my henchmen start pouring through. The champion is out by the next turn, but now my terror struck warriors surround the deamonette on her last breath. And they start dropping like flies. Stunned. Terrorized. One or two lucky hits later the deamonettes back in the chaos realm, and my men get to book browsing. Btw. the looting bags aren't blocking the portals cause there are three of them on top of it by now and it is functional.

After the deamonette's gone, the horror ensues.
I mean literally, the Pink Horror enters the main room as enemy reinforcements. He rapes my warlock that I've left behind as rearguard. Luckily, I manage to squeeze Luthor who is down to a one digit number of wound points, from doing extreme sports earlier, through the orange portal into the deamonette section where the rest of the warband is. By now, I'm down to a few terrorized henchmen and a marksman. I wait till they all regain their wits to head back to the main hall and face the Horror that did not fallow us through the orange portal. Only to find out that the Horror has planted himself on the exit portal in the main hall and is blocking my return from the deamonette section.

Fortunately, you can leave the deamonette's little penthouse by jumping down to the ledge just above the place where the Bloodletter used to block his portal.
So, I do that, grab the last tome and rejoice.

In the end my advice is, load and reload a few times to see if the deamonette moved off the portal just enough so push someone though.
Turns out this might not be a Gamebreaking glitch / bug after all. :-)

Doom

Postby Doom » 18 December 2015, 02:00

Yay, finally can complete this mission...had to fire at least three guys who got mauled, but stuff happens.

Sure hope the other missions aren't as involved/brutal.

Thanks!

Return to “Bug Report”