Game crashes on loading savegames contantly

Basic information about troubleshooting problems that you could encounter while playing the game.
Reznaak

Game crashes on loading savegames contantly

Postby Reznaak » 07 November 2016, 18:17

Hello, I am having a very frustrating experience trying to play Mordheim. When I try to load savegames the game will crash when it reaches about 74%. In the last two days I have tried loading my savegame 8 times. In those attempts the game crashed to desktop 5 times, 2 times it crashed into a blue screen of death forcing a windows restart and 1 time I was able to load my savegame. When my savegame loads successfully I don't seem to have any issues playing at all. It is only when I try to load or start a game initially that seems to give me problems.

I have updated my graphics drivers to the latest version and that didn't seem to help at all. I own and play a lot of other graphically intensive games and none of them crash like this. Also in the two years of owning my computer I have only experienced a few BSOD and every single one of them happened when trying to play Mordheim. This game and my system don't seem to get along at all...

Please help, I really like the game and would love to be able to play it! I have attached the most recent error log as well as my dxdiag output.

Thank you for your time.
Attachments
DxDiag.txt
DxDiag
(98.48 KiB) Downloaded 119 times
output_log.txt
Error log
(43.17 KiB) Downloaded 120 times

Drildgen

Re: Game crashes on loading savegames contantly

Postby Drildgen » 08 November 2016, 13:22

Greetings Reznaak,

Sorry to learn that you're having problems with the game. I assume that you've gone through the troubleshooting guide that is posted here on this forums. I just want to make sure with you that you are using your dedicated graphics card to run Mordheim with and not the HD graphics feature of your CPU. I will still inform one of the developpers about your situation and thanks to your logs, he will be able to look into it.

Sorry for the inconveniences.
Good hunting in the streets of Mordheim!

-Drildgen

Drildgen

Postby Drildgen » 08 November 2016, 15:01

Hello again!

One of our programmers investigated your logs and found out that you are exceeding the amount of video memory your video card can handle. Since you mentioned that you have already updated your graphics drivers, we recommend that you lower your settings in order to stay under your system's capacity.

Good luck!
Good hunting in the streets of Mordheim!

-Drildgen

Reznaak

Postby Reznaak » 08 November 2016, 18:25

Hello, thank you for looking into my problem.

Unfortunately lowering the settings to low did not help. On the steam store page the system requirements for Mordheim state that the minimum required video memory is 1gb, while the recommended is 2gb. I have NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M with 2gb of video memory, so I should be able to run the game fine.

I do have a laptop, but I am fairly certain that it is using my dedicated graphics card because I followed the steps listed on your forums that explained how to make sure the game used your dedicated graphics card. Also when reading the crash log it shows the geforce card as my renderer.

When I last submitted my crash log I was running the game on the Very High settings, I am not sure if it helps but I've attached a log of the game crashing while running the game at low settings.

Thanks again for your assistance, I hope we can figure this out!
Attachments
output_log.txt
(41.72 KiB) Downloaded 117 times

Return to “Technical Support”