PC being hard frozen

Basic information about troubleshooting problems that you could encounter while playing the game.
3 Pixels

PC being hard frozen

Postby 3 Pixels » 18 April 2016, 17:25

HI,
Mordheim is hard -freezing my PC so that I need to power it off. It started off as being intermittent - like maybe once every 1-2 hours now I'm lucky if I can complete a turn without it freezing up.

Really liking the game but unfortunately it's unplayable

Drildgen

Re: PC being hard frozen

Postby Drildgen » 18 April 2016, 18:00

Hi there 3 Pixels,

Could you please follow this troubleshooting guideline which might help you resolve your issue!? viewtopic.php?f=72&t=1679

If the problem persists after completing these steps, please send us your logs. You'll find out how to do so within the post linked above!

Best of luck,
Good hunting in the streets of Mordheim!

-Drildgen

3 Pixels

Postby 3 Pixels » 18 April 2016, 18:33

Hi,
Thanks for the reply.
Sorry, I should have said before - I've already done those steps and sent the logs. I created this thread before I sent the email so that I could add the link to the email.
Also I gave some additional info in the email I sent specifying the things I've tried.

I look forward to hearing back :)

3 pixels

Postby 3 pixels » 22 April 2016, 06:08

As a workaround, I have it running under WINE in linux.
Same hardware.
Obv it would be better running under windows natively but at least I can play now :)

I hope this helps to diagnose the problem - so I would still appreciate a solution.

Drildgen

Postby Drildgen » 22 April 2016, 14:09

Ok, I will admit that this new information completely blew our minds... Honestly, we have no idea what could cause such a behavior other than a bad Windows installation.... Try updating DirectX and then your video drivers, and if it doesn't work try video drivers first then DirectX....

At that point, anything is worth trying... lol

-Drildgen

3 pixels

Postby 3 pixels » 23 April 2016, 07:06

Nah I did all that stuff first before I raised the ticket - that's pretty much the first thing I tried.

3 pixels

Postby 3 pixels » 01 May 2016, 01:57

Bump.

3 pixels

Postby 3 pixels » 06 May 2016, 16:52

So ..... nothing?
I gotta say that it's pretty disappointing that the last bit of support was to laugh it off.

Cheers.

Drildgen

Postby Drildgen » 06 May 2016, 19:16

When I have nothing to add or no new information I don't post. Is this problem present with other softwares? Do you have an ATI Video card? is your PC having other hardware problems?

To me, this sounds like a overheating or PCU problem. While I'm no IT, I suggest you investigate your hardware because we cannot reproduce this issue in-house.

-Drildgen

3 pixels

Postby 3 pixels » 06 May 2016, 20:15

Hi, Thanks for the reply.
I guess part of the problem here is that I have given the info via the email rather than in this thread. Please understand that by not replying it looks like you were doing nothing, which is not what a paying customer expects. By telling me you can't replicate the problem is, in fact useful information - unlike "At that point, anything is worth trying... lol" which makes it look like you're saying "who cares"

I now understand that there will be no point continuing this thread, (which is actually OK if you can't replicate the issue - I do understand this) - but it would have been decent for you to have informed me rather than the situation where I had to be sarcastic to get a response.

Please take this criticism as constructive as I think you definitely need to improve your customer service. Whether you do or not is up to you.

For the record, the answers to your questions are inline below.

Is this problem present with other softwares?
None. DX9, DX10, DX11 in different games all works OK.

Do you have an ATI Video card?
Nope, Nvidia. I've seen all the ATI threads in the forums.

is your PC having other hardware problems?
None at all.

To me, this sounds like a overheating or PCU problem.
I've been monitoring the temps but they are OK.

I suggest you investigate your hardware
The same hardware runs the game under linux. It's not the hardware. Some combination of OS, drivers, looks likely. But hardware, no.

we cannot reproduce this issue in-house.
Thank you. This is useful information to me as it helps me to understand the problem better.

Return to “Technical Support”