Visual Artefacts, Game never launches, AMD R9 290x

Basic information about troubleshooting problems that you could encounter while playing the game.
joshvito

Visual Artefacts, Game never launches, AMD R9 290x

Postby joshvito » 20 March 2016, 16:59

Problems:
Visual Artefacts (when using AMD driver 16.1.1)
The game display weird visual artefacts such as use white or black squares, distorted colors, etc.

Game never launches (when using AMD driver 16.3.1)
An error occurs when you try to launch the game.

Description:
I purchased the game yesterday per a friends recommendation, and I really enjoy the gameplay.

I played yesterday for many hours (~9hrs), but with some serious graphic artifacts showing up repeatedly (every minute or so). The artifacts look like 45degree tear from lower left corner to center of screen, and also small white boxes flash onto the screen for a second. The glitches were annoying, but the game loaded and was stable from a running point of view.

The game was running on AMD R9 290x w/driver 16.1.1
The video glitches are really annoying. I tried all the fixes on the Mordheim forum here. I even tried the fix suggested by this user on your forum in this post.

None of this worked. The video card and driver combination has no problem running current games(Tomb Raider, Dark Souls 2, Hitman) at their highest settings, but Mordheim won’t even run without artifacts on it’s lowest settings. ☹

SO, I did a bit more searching and saw that AMD posted an updated video driver. 16.3.1; After I updated my driver to 16.3.1, Mordheim crashes on startup. I get the windows error below.

Okay, I remember reading the steps to fix this. So I revisited the “MARCH 7th - READ FIRST - Problems loading/launching the game” post on your forums, and followed all the steps. Nothing helped. I got to the last step and this email is the result.
Last edited by joshvito on 20 March 2016, 17:09, edited 1 time in total.

joshvito

Re: Visual Artefacts, Game never launches, AMD R9 290x

Postby joshvito » 20 March 2016, 17:09

Here are links to my output log and DxDiag:

Cablenexus

Postby Cablenexus » 25 March 2016, 03:02

Same problem here. Exact the same error message with Crimson 16.3.1 driver.

15.12 Crimson driver was working fine for me.

joshvito

Postby joshvito » 25 March 2016, 03:13

I just submitted the problem to AMD too; via http://www.amdsurveys.com/se.ashx?s=5A1E27D26493BFB9

joshvito

Postby joshvito » 25 March 2016, 17:27

I reverted my AMD driver to 15.12, and the visual artifact problem persists.
See the problem, I posted it to the 'tube @, https://youtu.be/wxLnLMPM1nU

Drildgen

Postby Drildgen » 29 March 2016, 14:04

Greetings,

We are aware of this problem still being present today with AMD's R9 series of video cards. We have investigated the issue and found some incompatibility between Unity shaders and the AMD R9 type video cards and/or drivers. Unfortunately, this is not a problem we can fix here at Rogue Factor. It should properly be reported to Unity and AMD directly.

We're very sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused. Rest assured that as soon as we have access to a stable new version of our game engine we will make the update and patch the game. Hopefully, this will eventually fix the visual artifacts you have reported above.

Best regards,
Good hunting in the streets of Mordheim!

-Drildgen

joshvito

Postby joshvito » 30 March 2016, 00:35

@Drildgen, Thanks for the update.
I sent an email to Unity and reported to AMD.

Just so others are aware, I tried the 03/28/2016 AMD Driver release 16.3.2 and they give the same error results

Game never launches (when using AMD driver 16.3.2)
An error occurs when you try to launch the game.

Return to “Technical Support”