Game stuttering and unplayably laggy

Basic information about troubleshooting problems that you could encounter while playing the game.
SchwhatNow

Game stuttering and unplayably laggy

Postby SchwhatNow » 22 February 2016, 21:47

Really enjoying the game so far and have already put 50+ hours into Mordheim. However within the last few days I have been relatively unable to play the game.

The game loads fine and usually the menus work properly but when in a match the game continually stutters and runs choppy. It's not just graphics either, the audio stutters when a unit enters a stance or activates a skill or spell. It's even caused a total lockup of my pc (no error message) and I was forced to hard reboot my pc, thus forfeiting the match.

My pc has never had any issues with the game before so I'm guessing that maybe a recent patch has caused some issue for me.

My pc is a Desktop running windows 7 64 bit with the following specs:

i5-4670k intel 3.4 GHz quad core processor
Nvidia EVGA GTX 660 GPU
16 GB ram

I have updated all my drivers and tried every fix in the stickied troubleshooting post. Including verifying steam cache, reinstalling, and lowering graphics.

I have tested other games and they all are running fine except Mordheim. Honestly I can't think of anything other to try except reaching out for some suggestions.

Drildgen

Re: Game stuttering and unplayably laggy

Postby Drildgen » 23 February 2016, 14:37

Greetings SchwatNow,

We've seen a couple players reporting this issue. We currently have no clue what could cause such issue but we are investigating.

Thanks for your patience,
Good hunting in the streets of Mordheim!

-Drildgen

SchwhatNow

Postby SchwhatNow » 23 February 2016, 20:10

Thanks for the quick reply.

I'm glad It's not just me. Hopefully you guys can figure it out soon.
Please let me know if you need anything from me.

Can't wait to get back out onto the city streets :)

killroy225

Postby killroy225 » 19 March 2016, 01:04

If this has been 'fixed' please ignore this, but I've been having some major frame rate weirdness, sometimes it'll be up to the mid 40's and then DROP down into the mid 20's. I don't have v-sync on and I'm running on minimum settings.

My computer specs are an AMD 8350, 16 GB of 1866 (if RAM speeds matter) RAM, and a AMD 7770.

cuttin

Postby cuttin » 19 March 2016, 12:41

I was having a similar issue, but mine was related to other programs updating while i was playing. Now I shutdown whatever is prone to automatically downloading updates in the background and I haven't had a problem.

Return to “Technical Support”