Dual screen

Basic information about troubleshooting problems that you could encounter while playing the game.
Gunnar

Dual screen

Postby Gunnar » 06 February 2016, 18:00

Hello !

I have a little problem. I have a PC with two screens. Since the last update, Mordheim launches on the secondary screen ... I can do nothing. The only solution is to deactivate the secondary screen to play the main screen ...

A solution?

Thank you ! ;)

Regards,

Drildgen

Re: Dual screen

Postby Drildgen » 08 February 2016, 15:33

Greetings Gunnar,

One tricky way to fix this is to launch the game, press alt + enter to switch to windowed mode and then move it to the other screen and then press alt + enter again. If the problem persists, please let us know!

Best regards,
Good hunting in the streets of Mordheim!

-Drildgen

Lehmund

Postby Lehmund » 05 August 2016, 18:15

I have the same issue which was not the case when I was playing more regularly near the end of 2015 (I just purchased the Witchhunter pack on sale so coming back to the game).

I tried the windowed mode change and it works however, the max resolution I can have is 1280x1024 due to the max resolution of the secondary screen where it pops first.

Since the issue didn't exist in 2015, this should be a fix on the slate for the Mordheim devs.

I'm sure many players run 2 monitors and would like to have the game run on their primary....

Johny

Postby Johny » 08 August 2016, 23:18

I have the same issue, which wouldn't be so bad if the resolution didn't lock to the lower maximum. Having to manually move the application is not a big deal but the resolution is.

Drildgen

Postby Drildgen » 09 August 2016, 13:16

Thanks for adding this new information Johny, I will forward it to our GUI team.
Good hunting in the streets of Mordheim!

-Drildgen

Johny

Postby Johny » 09 August 2016, 23:07

I may have found the source of the problem, at least on my system. I use Display Fusion which has a setting to force applications to start on a specific screen. I had Steam set to open on the secondary monitor, Removing that setting allowed the CotD to open on the primary monitor.

This behavior is a bit strange. None of my other steam games seem to act this way (I have an extensive library). Even adding a setting specifically for CotD to open on the primary monitor did not work. But at least now I no longer have to disable the second monitor.

Lehmund, do you happen to be using Display Fusion?

Lehmund

Postby Lehmund » 25 October 2016, 20:03

@Johny I don't use Display Fusion.

After setting to Windowed mode in the Graphics options and switching screens. I just exited and restarted the client and now I can set the proper rez for my main monitor.

I had the same issue as in August today after the latest patch, and did exactly the same thing to fix the issue. Now whenever I open Mordheim, it goes to the right monitor on the first try with the set resolution.

The game must "remember" my screen and rez setting from last it was set/loaded and that must have reset on the last patch.

Hope this helps.

thomas aagaard

Postby thomas aagaard » 27 October 2016, 02:28

Have the same problem after every patch. the game start on my secondary screen.

Also the ALT+Enter don't work.

So need to open the options and do it... move to the main screen. Options again. then change the resolution.
Thomas Aagaard
9th Stirland Regiment of Spears...

Return to “Technical Support”