Cannot play the game.

Basic information about troubleshooting problems that you could encounter while playing the game.
DPW

Cannot play the game.

Postby DPW » 27 November 2015, 01:15

I just bought the game but cannot play it. I am forced to watch the entire intro video, it will not let me skip it. My keyboard is functioning fine but no button I push will skip it. At the end of the video instead of loading the main menu it goes black and still has the "skip intro" button in the top left corner.

I updated my AMD catalyst today with the latest drivers. My hardware is adequate to run this game. Help me please.

Drildgen

Re: Cannot play the game.

Postby Drildgen » 27 November 2015, 15:26

Greetings DPW,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems running the game. Check out this self-troubleshooting operations that you can do on your own computer. Check out this post and follow the instructions. It might help you greatly!

viewtopic.php?f=72&t=1679

Good luck!
Good hunting in the streets of Mordheim!

-Drildgen

Hu Gadarn

Postby Hu Gadarn » 28 November 2015, 16:20

Hello this is DPW, I registered an account in an attempt to attach my files here but .txt and .doc aren't allowed as attachments?? I've also e-mailed them to technical support but haven't received a response.

I will copy and paste the segment in the output log that I think is the problem. I have the game installed on A: not on C:

UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "C:\Users\Dan\Documents/my games/Mordheim" is denied.
at System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectoriesInternal (System.String path) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory (System.String path) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Thoth.WriteToFile (System.String filePath, IThoth thoth) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GameManager.WriteOptions () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GameManager.ReadOptions () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GameManager.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)
The above quoted segment repeats itself 100x in the output_log.txt.

I have been using DX12 but did the DX9 force just like was recommended. I also did the security access suggestion AND I added full security access to Drive A: in an attempt to solve this problem myself but with no success.

My system runs games like Anno2205, Warhammer Vermintide, Witcher 3, DA:Inquisition, I've never had a problem like this. I know my system stats are adequate for this game.

Thank you for your time and assistance,

Dan

Drildgen

Postby Drildgen » 12 December 2015, 17:32

Hello Dan,

It seems like the game is trying to write in your Documents folder but is unable to access it. Please do the following guidelines to allow Mordheim to write in your Documents folder and it should work afterwards.

If you recently updated to Windows 10, make sure your Documents folder is not in read-only. Here's how:
  1. a) Open File Explorer.
    b) Right click on 'Documents' under 'Computer' or 'This PC' in the left column and click 'Properties'.
    c) Click the tab 'Security' then the button 'Advanced'.
    d) Click the button Click 'Add' then click 'Select a principal' from 'Principal:'.
    e) Click the button 'Advanced' then the button 'Find Now'.
    f) Select your username account under 'Search results:' and click the button 'OK'.
    g) Click again the button 'OK'.
    h) Check 'Full control' under 'Basic permissions:' and click the button 'OK'.
    i) Click again the button 'OK' and again the button 'OK' in order to close the window 'Documents Properties'.
Good luck and don't hesitate to come back to us if this does not fix your issue.

Last bumped by Anonymous on 12 December 2015, 17:32.
Good hunting in the streets of Mordheim!

-Drildgen

Return to “Technical Support”