READ FIRST - 32-bit Operating System Users

Basic information about troubleshooting problems that you could encounter while playing the game.
Adonai

READ FIRST - 32-bit Operating System Users

Postby Adonai » 05 October 2015, 21:03

Hello fellow Mordheimers,

Since the most recent update featuring many new features and content, the 32-bit version of the game is no longer working properly. We are deeply sorry for those who can't play the game at the moment. Be ensured that we are working hard on finding a proper solution to this issue.

Since the launch of the Early Access, Mordheim: City of the Damned has been compatible with both 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems. By switching from Unity 4.6 to Unity 5 in order to give you the best looking game and adding loads of new content (some planned and some requested by the community), the game ended up requiring quite a bit more RAM to run. The limitations of 32-bit operating systems are now too restricting to ensure the game to launch properly.

Out of 4 GB of RAM, 32-bit operating systems can only allow between 2.8 GB to 3.2 GB to a single application, hence not enough to run Mordheim for the time being. We are working very hard on optimization that will allow Mordheim: City of the Damned to run properly on 32-bit OS while finishing the game development. As this endeavor is a rather complex one, it might take some time before we resolve this problem. We’ll keep you updated as soon as we have more info.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for your patience.

-The Rogue Factor Team

Jurgen Gritz

Re: Message for 32-bit Operating System users

Postby Jurgen Gritz » 16 October 2015, 14:21

Steam suggests around 60% of PC's are 64bit now. Although a surprising number are still running dual core CPU's. :o

Props for being brave and pushing the tech envelope to ensure the best experience.

I do wonder though, how on Earth this is going to play on consoles? :D Are you not a bit worried there will be performance issues?

Smokey

Postby Smokey » 10 November 2015, 19:36

Any word on when this update is coming? As a 32 bit user I watch with envy as the new content comes rolling out.

I have had graphical problems along the way, mainly with crashes to desktop as the result of changing weapons/armor options on character icons (resulting in a graphical shift) which I can only assume was tied early on to the issues with 32 bit users.

Eager to get my game on. I'm a Mordheim player from way, way back and I'm quite excited to see this world I've grown to love in it's newest form.

MeanBone

Postby MeanBone » 18 November 2015, 14:50

Any estimate on when/if 32-bit will be supported again? Thanks.

Okce

Re: READ FIRST - 32-bit Operating System Users

Postby Okce » 09 December 2015, 15:37

I'm curious,like owner of 32 bit system,Did u abandoned 32 version of game because now it is run on unity 5 or it will be possible to run this game with some patches later on? I will even buy Alpha in Unity 4 just to be able to play. Im old fan of Warhammer :?

Return to “Technical Support”