Freeze in middle of game Console around band level 6/7

Basic information about troubleshooting problems that you could encounter while playing the game.
Mc1gamer

Freeze in middle of game Console around band level 6/7

Postby Mc1gamer » 25 November 2016, 20:19

I'm having consistent issues with Mordheim on the Xbox One. I LOVE the game, but this has happened twice now. My warband gets to 6/7th level, 9 or 10 strong, and suddenly on in the middle of a game the AI turn takes longer to think, then at some point there is a freeze and the sound fix's on one syllable. It then crashes to the Xbox One home screen. I've gone back in several times and it will do it again. The only option is to bail on the mission in which case half the warband is messed up, some perma dead, and that is not acceptable as a solution. This has happened with two different warbands at about the same time in progression. Its not happening with any other games and its not a load issue, this was in the middle of the game. I can't tell if its an audio issue, but there is a definite audio burst before the freeze.

When I try to return to the game, it loads fine, starts going through the turns, but then the freeze happens as soon as there is an AI turn, same thing. I'm stuck and can't proceed unless I withdraw from the mission on the load. So there goes dozens of hours of gaming. Help plz

Mc1gamer

Re: Freeze in middle of game Console around band level 6/7

Postby Mc1gamer » 01 December 2016, 14:26

I haven't gotten any reply on this. Could someone give me a little help. Seems a bit ridiculous to have the game consistently crash at the same time after spending time building up a warband!

Redbeardnj

Postby Redbeardnj » 07 January 2017, 05:06

Same here on xbox one. Im literally one match away from rank 10 and I get the freeze during a solo match. Everytime I try to load it freezes immediately for me and i get the same one syllable annoying noise stutter. I have the option to abandon battle before loading and got hammered with some atrocious losses...luckily I saved my file before it went to cloud but its useless with the freeze. Wasted ALOT of hours. I love this game and this is soooo dissapointing and im scared it will happen again so I cant even play anymore with a clear conscience.

Redbeard nj

Postby Redbeard nj » 10 February 2017, 22:39

I luv this game so much I have literally tried every combination/troubleshooting to solve or at least figure out what is causing the game to crash on xbox one. Some days I have no problems at all....other days I get 2-3 crashed in a single night. My only conclusion is I think its related to the power supply. I originally had it plugged in to a power strip...then after some research, plugged into the wall outlet now. I think the power is bottleneckin.

Anyway. .even after plugging into the wall, im still having crashing. But its winter and I have space heaters plugged in so that could be the problem. Im aware that the x1 draws alot of power, and it will close a game before shutting down the system if the power bottlenecks. Similar to how a hairdryer will blow a fuse. I could be completely wrong of course lol. I just want to enjoy this game soooo much!!!! And without the crashing....that loud noise it makes when crashing literally turns my stomach.

Anyway I really hope u guys can figure it out. And please let me know if the crash doesnt happen on the newer xbox one slim, I will go out immediately and buy one just to play mordheim stress free!!!! I know the devs are busy on necromunda but Im just so fustrated .

Thank you from a big fan!!

Redbeard nj

Postby Redbeard nj » 11 February 2017, 18:20

Anyone reading this that has the same problem ive come to the conclusion that its nothing to do with the game, so I dont think the devs can fix it.

I had the same thing happen on another game...same loud noise studder too. My temp fix is too unistall the game and before reinstalling, try installing a completely different game that has a larger size file. Then reinstall mordheim after that.I have fixed the problem by doing this. Knock on wood!!!! Lol! its obviously something to do with the hard drive. Rouge factor is a great dev team and I apologize for ranting up the board with my fustrations.

Thank you

Return to “Technical Support”