With Halloween just around the corner, there's no better time for releasing the 9th patch (v.18.104.22.168) for Mordheim: City of the Damned! The Undead Warband have completely overtaken this patch and are looking for brains!
The new Undead Warband DLC offers 7 new unique Warriors, 8 new original campaign missions, as well as new skills and spells. The patch also comes with various optimizations and updates.
- New Undead warband DLC available for purchase! Undeads will appear as enemies if not bought.
- Veterans can now start a Rank 5 warband: When starting a new warband, you will be prompted with a window that will offer the option between Rank 0 and Rank 5. Starting Rank 5 provides you with all the benefits unlocked at this Rank, such as being able to hire all types of Warriors for the warband or having more reserve slots unlocked. This doesn’t provide additional benefits such as extra gold or equipment. Note: This feature becomes available to new Warbands after reaching Veteran Rank 5 with a Warband.
- Accelerated Turns: A new option can be activated in the Gameplay section of the Options menu. It has 2 purposes:
- Accelerate Player Turns by 15% (movement, animations, etc.)
- Accelerate AI movement and athletic actions taken by 50% during AI turns
- This is only valid while playing against the CPU (never against another Player)
- Veteran Skill “Re-spec”: Everyone will get a free “re-spec” for Veteran skills. This will remove every Veteran Skill learned and allow you to learn new ones.
- Each warband starts with 1 Re-spec.
- At the end of every year and before the next year start, on Witching Day, the warband will get a new Re-spec (i.e.: one additional Re-spec per game year.)
- Re-spec allocation is retroactive to all warbands.
- Detection of Mission progress corruption: If a save is corrupted, it will reset the mission progress and send the warband back to hideout without consequences. This process takes place in the main menu.
- New option to turn tutorials off in the hideout. It is located in the "Gameplay" section of the Options menu.
- New layout when selecting "New warband" in the main menu.
- Hired Sword rotation: Adjusted to have a better balance between Leader, Hero, Henchman and Impressive Warriors. This ensures that, most of the time, there is at least one of each type available after a rotation. Will start to take effect on your next Hired Sword rotation.
- New Campaign Gold: Initial money has been increased to 500 gold (was 250 previously). This doesn’t take into account Veteran bonus.
- Witch Hunter Story mission 3: Reinforcements have been reduced for this mission.
- Leadership: Effects of each points of leadership has been reduced to 3% instead of 4% (bonus to All Alone, Fear & Terror resistance).
- All Alone: Base percentage to All Alone resistance has been increased to 30% (was 20%).
- Market Event – Sale: Price reduction when selling items to players will now only be of 25% (was 50%).
- Market Event – Profit opportunity: Price reduction when Players sell items to the store will now only be of 25% (was 50%).
- Updated all bounty icons to better reflect the item scavenged.
- Preventing spells requiring a specific enchantment on target to be cast on destructible items.
- The Holy Fountains in the Temple of Sigmar should now be more accessible during various campaign missions
- Fixed an issue showing traps to enemies on overview map, instead of decoys.
- Fixed an issue resulting in having a morale with a negative value.
- Fixed an issue preventing Warriors from getting an injury if their shipment failed.
- Fixed XP bars in hideout to be more accurate.
- Fixed missing sound issues with projectiles.
- Fixed an issue resulting in losing the armband when getting a mutation on the left arm.
- Resist Magic: the Regular version has been improved to +10% (was 5%) and the Mastery version to +20% (was 10%).
- Ignore Pain: cost of using this skill has been reduced to 2 SP (was 3 SP).
- Vengeance: Effects of this skill now lasts 2 Turns (was 1).
- Tzeentch's Warding: Effects have been increased to +15% for the Regular version (was 5%) and to +30% for the Mastery version (was 15%).
- Protection of Sigmar: Effects have been increased to +15% for the Regular version (was 5%) and to +30% for the Mastery version (was 15%).
- Absolute Faith: Effects have been increased to +15% for the Regular version (was 5%) and to +30% for the Mastery version (was 15%).
- Flash Parry: Effects have been increased to +10% for the Regular version (was 5%) and to +20% for the Mastery version (was 15%).
- Nerves of Steel: Effects have been increased to +20% for the Regular version (was 10%) and to +40% for the Mastery version (was 20%).
- Wyrdstone Lure: Trigger range of the trap has been increased.
- Black Powder Trap: Trigger range of the trap has been increased.
- White Powder Trap: Trigger range of the trap has been increased.
- Weak Spot: Mastery version now reduces Dodge and Parry by -15% (was -10%).
- Blessing of athleticism: Regular version will now last 2 turns (was 1) and the mastery version will last 3 turns (was 1).
- Prowl: Mastery version will now also cost 1 less SP to use.
- Onslaught: Mastery version will now also cost 1 less SP to use.
- Threaten: Cost has been reduced to use Threaten to 1 SP (was 3 SP) for both the Regular and Mastery version.
- Squire’s Curse: Cost has been changed to use Squire’s Curse to 2OP and 1 SP (was 3 OP) for both the Regular and Mastery version.
- Touch of Palsy: Cost has been changed to use Touch of Palsy to 2OP and 1 SP (was 3 OP) for both the Regular and Mastery version.
- Boon of Chaos: Duration of the effects increased to 2 Turns (was 1 turn).
- Market Square: There might be some graphical glitches around the fountain during some missions.
- Crypt Horror: At the moment, the Crypt Horror doesn't have access to the warband skills.
How to help us
If you find any bugs or need some technical help, please refer to the thread "READ FIRST - Problems loading/launching the game", and the appropriate forum for bugs reporting and technical issues. Please do no post in general discussions. The general discussion forum is very hard for us to navigate as there is a lot of movement, so we only look at it briefly.
If you experience a game breaking bug, such as a crash to desktop, please make a post in the Bug report section, and also send your output log and a copy of your combat log, found in your Steam install directory:
Email these logs to logs at rogue-factor.com and we'll take a look at it. Please link your post/thread in your email so we can consult it. A DxDiag can also be helpful, and if you managed to take a screenshot that will also help quite a bit.
Enjoy the patch. Feel free to check the forums regularly to get information on what's coming next to Mordheim: City of the Damned