Today we are very proud to release the 7th patch (v220.127.116.11) for Mordheim: City of the Damned, along with our first complete warband DLC: The Witch Hunters.
This patch comes with various optimizations and updates, and this new DLC offers 7 new unique Warriors, 8 new original campaign missions, as well as new skills and spells.
- Witch Hunter warband available as a DLC (must be bought to be playable). Will appear as enemies even if they aren’t bought
- Rune/Mark of Clarity (new head Enchantment):
- Normal: Prevent rolling the injury Amok
- Mastery: also prevent rolling the injury Megalomenia
- Rune/Mark of Fortitude (new head Enchantment):
- Normal: Prevent rolling the injury Burst Eardrum
- Mastery: also prevent rolling the injury Eye Injury
- Ulrican Great Axe: a new weapon for the Priest of Ulric which reduces chances to trigger a Divine Curse by 4/7/10% and increases the chances to perform critical hits by 5/7/9%
- Priest of Ulric initial Weapon is now an Ulrican Great Axe
- New Veteran Skill – Contact: Librarian
- Every day the Librarian has 10% chances to send a regular enchanting formula (for the normal version) and 20% chances to send a regular or a mastery enchanting formula (for the mastery version)!
- Don’t be surprised if some GUI elements moved slightly, we made some tweaks to our UI and our Text to fit better with the Big Picture Mode
- Loading optimizations have been pushed to their limits and gained another 50% average.
- A lot of optimizations during the missions to reduce chokes while getting a trap, performing an attack, using a spell, etc...
- Overview map initialization will be faster than it used to, as the icons will now appear progressively.
- Fear and Terror immunity after a successful resist roll has been reduced to 1 turn (from 2 turns)
- Poison Wind Globadier: the Globadier is now properly immune to the trap ‘Befuddling Fumes”
- Priest of Ulric can now use Halberds
- Enriched Globe: duration has been reduced to 1 turn for the normal version and 2 turns for the mastery version. The effect has been modified so that instead of applying randomly one of 5 Resistance Buff (Magic, Stun, Melee, Ranged, Poison, Critical), the skill will now apply either a 15% Melee and Poison Resistance buff, OR a 15% Ranged and Critical Resistance buff, OR a 15% Magic and Stun Resistance buff.
- Warp Globe: duration has been reduced to 1 turn for the normal version and 2 turns for the mastery version. The effect has been modified so that instead of applying randomly one of 5 Resistance Debuff (Magic, Stun, Melee, Ranged, Poison, Critical), the skill will now apply either a 15% Melee and Poison Resistance debuff, OR a 15% Ranged and Critical Resistance debuff, OR a 15% Magic and Stun Resistance debuff.
- Tracker: the trap resistance has been increased to 30% for the normal version (was 15%) and 60% for the mastery version (was 30%)
- Resist Corruption: the Wyrdstone resistance has been increased to 20% for the normal version (was 10%) and 40% for the mastery version (was 20%)
- Sixth Sense: the Perception bonus has been increased to 20% for the normal version (was 10%) and 40% for the mastery version (was 20%)
- Boon of Ruin: the description of the spell and its buff has been adjusted to provide the same information on both
- Boon of Chaos: the spell has been changed to apply one of the following buff randomly - increase Physical stats by 2, OR increase Mental stats by 2, OR increase Martial stats by 2. The duration is 1 Turn. Not Stackable (per category). The mastery version increases the stats by 4.
- Curse of Chaos: the spell has been changed to apply one of the following debuff randomly - reduce Physical stats by 1, OR reduce Mental stats by 1, OR reduce Martial stats by 1. The duration is 1 Turn. Stackable (per category). The mastery version reduces the stats by 2.
- Righteous Fury: the cost has been modified from 3OP to 2OP and 1SP. The Penalty to hit has been reduced to -20% for the regular version (was -25%) and to -10% for the mastery version (was -15%)
- Mark of Change: now also prevent the injury Broken Jaw for the Regular version and Brain Trauma for the Mastery version
- The following Contacts got their chances increased to 10% for the Regular version and 20% for the Mastery Version:
- Armorer’s Apprentice
- Great Weaponsmith
- The following Contacts got their chances increased to 20% for the Regular version and 40% for the Mastery Version:
- Fixed Collision and Pathfinding on Merchant Quarter 4, Noble Quarter 1, Quayside, Temple, Palace
- Fixed enchantments related to the number of units engaged with the target
- Fixed frame sizes in Skirmish to prevent issues with some languages.
- Fixed player leaving lobby when other user is disconnected or removed
- Fixed missing parry on Bloodletter
- Fixed collider on hanged corpses in Quayside
- Fixed spellbook on Globadier and Smuggler
- Fixed issue in Midbridge's stairs
- The AI can now attack totems casted by Doomweaver
- Reloading mission saves: When a mission is autosaved and quit while the AI is performing an action, in rare cases it may become impossible to load this game. The mission will need to be abandoned and your Warband returned to the hideout.
We apologize for the inconvenience, and are working to pinpoint the source of this corruption. In the meantime, we recommend always quitting during your turn to avoid possible issues.
- Narration issue: You might get the feeling that the narration is saturating during some loading screen. This is due to the optimizations done to accelerate the loading.
- Overview issue: The active warrior and the beacons icons might be missing while opening the overview map, the first time. Leaving and entering the overview should fix the issue.
Please note that due to the various optimizations, if you kept a combat save before the update, it will be removed and your Warband will be send back to its hideout, without any consequences.
How to help us
If you find any bugs or need some technical help, please refer to the thread "READ FIRST - Problems loading/launching the game", and the appropriate forum for bugs reporting and technical issues, and do no post in general discussions. The general discussion forum is very hard for us to navigate as there is a lot of movement, so we only look at it briefly.
If you experience a game breaking bug, such as a crash to desktop, please make a post in the Bug report section, and also send your output log and a copy of your combat log, found in your Steam install directory:
Email these logs to logs at rogue-factor.com and we'll take a look at it. Please link your post/thread in your email so we can return to it. A DxDiag can also be helpful, and if you managed to take a screenshot that will also help quite a bit.
We hope you enjoy this patch. Feel free to check the forums regularly to get information on what's coming next to Mordheim: City of the Damned