A walk down Mordheim Lane

Share your stories from the streets of Mordheim, the background of your Warband and your Warriors.
GoodFelix

A walk down Mordheim Lane

Postby GoodFelix » 02 December 2015, 07:51

High School, eh? Skipping class and catching a run down to the local game shop to kill your friends. mmm? Time has almost forgotten the late night hang outs before any cellular device pierced the rank basement atmosphere of Pizza Hut, Pepsi products, and basement. Arguments between friends are so much different than friendly arguments, aren't they?

"But the rules SAY "A brace of pistols counts as one pistol choice", thus I can have as many braces of pistols as I can afford!" Tyler shouted angrily.
"Yes I understand that it your interpretation of the ru-" Tom said as he was cut off with more flailing remarks.
"Oh" Tyler retorted, "MY interpretation? MY point of view? Don't even talk to me about point of view you line of sight fudging prick
!"

Sigh..................................................High School

These are abstract moments burned into the fabric of existence by game designers I have never, nor will ever meet. Of course it's all fun and games until someone makes a game..of...a game never mind that! The point is this: MORDHEIM is the best game ever.
2.Chess *pfffffttt
3.Poker *pffffffft
4.GlobalThermoNuclerWar *PFFFTTT

This wonderful adaptation of a beloved game is important to few in the grand scheme, yet this does nothing to diminish the fact that this is OUR game. Have I been in Beta since the beginning? No. Have I kick funded the monumental task of translating a complex tabletop strategy game into a digitally marketable product? No. I have had nothing to do with this game except click and give a nod of respect to the designers, testers, and programmers. Ban me flame me scorn me thoughts on a page.

Bugs, complaints, UI issues, lack of multiplayer campaigns, warband imbalances, crashing issues, bugs, optimizations....... they made it. We ( and by "we" I mean all the people who tested this game on early access and worked on it" need to make it better. There. I did it. $26.99 cents and a forum registration later I did it. Does this do anything to improve the quality of the new video game we love and want to love more? Time will tell.

This is GoodFelix saying

"On a dark and stormy night in the middle of the City of the Damned, when some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, and he looks you crooked in the eye and he asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail."

Twahn

Re: A walk down Mordheim Lane

Postby Twahn » 02 December 2015, 19:19

Lol. Nice nostalgic ramble. ;)

Love the Big Trouble quote too...

crimsonsun

Re: A walk down Mordheim Lane

Postby crimsonsun » 23 December 2016, 11:57

I actually thought this thread was another spam bot when I started reading it.. Not sure your point is very clear to the casual forum skimmer.

Return to “Stories and Background”