Bamboozled by AI Skaven?

General discussion with other Mordheim: City of the Damned players.
MrScotty

Bamboozled by AI Skaven?

Postby MrScotty » 15 February 2017, 12:49

Hello all, I'm having a bit of a perplexing problem while starting to get into this game. I'm roughly 15 hours into the game, playing as Skaven, and I find that it's nearly impossible to win against other Skaven gangs for one really weird reason: The Skaven henchmen somehow ALL have enough OP to attack twice in a round.

My heros attack twice, and my henchmen all attack a max of 1 time (3 OP). Every other faction, even on Brutal difficulty, seems to be on that same par level with the OPs. But not Skaven - even double-weapon enemy skaven attack twice, meaning each of their henchmen must have at least 5 OPs...why? Was Skaven getting its butt kicked in early alpha and they just pumped the shit out of them to make them more challenging? Please advise, I've been having no trouble taking on Brutal opponents and even the 5-hours for zero rewards cringe fests that are the "Story Missions" with no problem, but as soon as I click on a Normal mission and it's a skaven opponent I basically resign myself to defeat as they just deal 2x the damage my identical guys do. I wouldn't be so frustrated by this if I weren't PLAYING SKAVEN, lol.

Re: Bamboozled by AI Skaven?

Postby Guest » 21 February 2017, 07:45

OP points are based on your henchmen's lvl, if you have replaced any henchmen because of injury/death or hired new ones due to expanding warband slots they will be behind in OP points. This shouldn't be much of a problem if you play against the AI. Keep your warband together and always try to outnumber your opponent's warriors in a fight. Use buildings/terrain to do this if you have to. Let the enemy come to you, as soon as you can see one enemy unit, they are coming.

Re: Bamboozled by AI Skaven?

Postby Guest » 21 February 2017, 08:23

Also, some injuries reduce your OPs

Return to “General Discussion”