Starting a New Mordheim Campaign

General discussion with other Mordheim: City of the Damned players.
Captain Thorrek

Starting a New Mordheim Campaign

Postby Captain Thorrek » 24 October 2016, 18:20

I'm with Orca Cola Championship (OCC), and we would love to play a Mordheim campaign! The thing is, while I love the game, I get very little time in, and have yet to play another living opponent! So, I have a bunch of questions about certain things; any help you guys can give is greatly appreciated!

How long are PvP games, on average?

Is it feasible to do a purely PvP campaign, or does a Player need to fight the computer also? If so, is there a good cap range on the number of AI games?

Contest vs Exhibition: which one would be the best option for a more casual campaign (some people want one, some the other)?

Any other advice I might not have thought of? I already have all the DLC except for Witch Hunters (buy today) and Undead (tomorrow).
Image Sign up now for the Orca Cola Mordheim Campaign at http://www.orca-cola.com/beta/!

Rogue

Re: Starting a New Mordheim Campaign

Postby Rogue » 06 November 2016, 21:49

How long are PvP games, on average?
Typically between 45-90mins, depending on the size of the warband and how fast the opponent moves.
Is it feasible to do a purely PvP campaign, or does a Player need to fight the computer also? If so, is there a good cap range on the number of AI games?
Our group had the less victorious members suffer in a purely PvP campaign. PvP tends to have less opportunity to collect wyrdstone or salvage, so the victor tends to be the only one with any chance of making the regular wyrdstone shipments.

We relaxed our campaign to allow 1 AI match for every PvP match played. Seemed to be a good balance.
Contest vs Exhibition: which one would be the best option for a more casual campaign (some people want one, some the other)?
Contest. Need to have the ongoing impact to the warband, otherwise there is no real player investment in the outcome.
Any other advice I might not have thought of? I already have all the DLC except for Witch Hunters (buy today) and Undead (tomorrow).
We found giving all warbands 3-5 AI missions to start with was a good idea. Allows them to build up a couple of skills and some wyrdstone reserves.
Turn backtrack off or set it to 1.
Think about how to balance warbands over the course of the campaign. A player who has an unlucky match or streak could be running at half the strength of his opponent.

Return to “General Discussion”