Post #3 - Zombie reveal!

General discussion with other Mordheim: City of the Damned players.
Drildgen

Post #3 - Zombie reveal!

Postby Drildgen » 13 October 2016, 15:08

Featured today is the relentless -but not very smart- Zombie!

The simplest form of undead that can be created through necromancy, zombies are the reanimated corpses of the recently dead. Without volition of their own, they are automatons that mindlessly follow the will of their creator. They know neither fear or pain, only obedience.
02_Zombie_01x copie.png
Initial Weapon Set:
  • Set 1: Sword & Shield
  • Set 2: N/A
Equipment Proficiency:
  • Melee: Axe, Dagger, Hammer, Mace, Spear, Sword.
  • Range: None.
  • Armours: Helmet, Shield, Cloth Armour.
02_Zombie_02x copie.png
Perks:
  • Unwavering: Immune to All Alone, Fear, and Terror tests.
  • Immunity: Poison: Immune to Poison effects.
  • No talent: Cannot buy the 'Lad's Got Talent' skill.
  • Expendable: When falling Out of Action, does not lower the Warband's Morale.
  • Feral: This warrior can't use consumables in combat.
Initial skills:
  • Puppet: The Zombie becomes bound to it's master. Ritual ingredients must be payed for in the form of an upkeep. The Zombie will gain experience and will receive six less skill points than regular Henchmen. Failing to perform the ritual for extended periods weakens the bond, causing the Zombie to decay and be destroyed.
  • Rotten Corpse: The Zombie is immune to Open Wound effects and all injuries except Destroyed (Dead), Severed Arm, Severed Leg, Hand Injury, Full Recovery. If it must roll for Injuries at the end of combat, it has a 20% chance to decay and effectively be destroyed. Every rank of the Zombie reduces this chance by 1%.
Next post tomorrow, stay tuned!

Invade the streets of Mordheim with the Undead Warband DLC, coming late October!
Good hunting in the streets of Mordheim!

-Drildgen

Re: Post #3 - Zombie reveal!

Postby Guest » 14 October 2016, 16:28

I was a bit anxious about the choice of the zombie, as henchman.
But it seems actually very interesting, I especially love the "expendable" skill.

I'm sad the undead will lack of ranged henchmen. This is why would prefer a skeleton warrior/archer instead of a zombie (with bows and armour access).

It's still good news, can't wait to see it in game !

Postby Guest » 20 October 2016, 23:53

I do find it a little odd, that these Undead warbands will work similar than human or Skaven One. I thought that zombie would be treated in the diffrent way and there will be diffrent "pull" to hire them ( they would not take PD ofc). But well we'll see...

Echtel

Postby Echtel » 23 October 2016, 13:21

I was a bit anxious about the choice of the zombie, as henchman.
But it seems actually very interesting, I especially love the "expendable" skill.

I'm sad the undead will lack of ranged henchmen. This is why would prefer a skeleton warrior/archer instead of a zombie (with bows and armour access).

It's still good news, can't wait to see it in game !
That's the way it worked in tabletop too, there were no skeletons in undead warbands, only ghouls zombies and direwolves as henchmen - vampire, necromancer, dregs as heroes.

Not that I would particularly mind seeing skeletons running around the streets of Mordheim (I mean we already have crypt horror and Vampire Thrall as out-of-the-box stuff), but ghouls and zombies were pretty much a must-have ;)

Return to “General Discussion”