Search Points not visible

General discussion with other Mordheim: City of the Damned players.
Mikkel

Search Points not visible

Postby Mikkel » 11 April 2016, 14:30

So, this may be a known bug, or me not understanding the system correctly, but I often (always?) seem to have more Search Points in the counter than are actually on the map. I haven't made a great study of the particulars (nor am I going to), but from purely anecdotal evidence, it seems to be exactly two more points.

This screenshot is an example:

I did raid the enemy cart (for all the good that did!), though not stolen their Idol (as that would've made them rout, the wee buggers!). But I can't imagine why that would qualify as a search point - and if so, why it would count as two.

Can anyone shed some light on this topic?

Mikkel

Re: Search Points not visible

Postby Mikkel » 11 April 2016, 14:39

Incidentally, the results screen seems to suggest there were no un-searched points... so possibly just a display bug? I ran around most of the map with Perception on, even intentionally set off a few traps just to see if those somehow were counted as points of interest or similar... but no luck!

Mikkel

Postby Mikkel » 11 April 2016, 15:07

Okay, apparently stealing the enemy icon counts as one search point. Confusing, but there you go.

Mikkel

Postby Mikkel » 11 April 2016, 15:13

...and for some inexplicable reason, opening your own chest also counts as searching a POI. So that just leaves one unexplained.

Praying at your own icon/banner/wagon thing does not, however, count as searching a point of interest.

Mikkel

Postby Mikkel » 11 April 2016, 15:19

Okay, so the last one is (again, rather inexplicably) your own idol. It doesn't activate by praying at it, though, but by choosing the remove/replace option. Straaaaaaaange.... in my not so humble opinion. Oh well.

Return to “General Discussion”