Loot Extravaganza

General discussion with other Mordheim: City of the Damned players.
Frankie

Loot Extravaganza

Postby Frankie » 09 March 2016, 20:14

First off, hi all!

I've been playing the game since about it was released as early access, grew to be among my most favourite games thanks in part to the devs' diligence I haven't witnessed elsewhere. So thanks for that. :) I've been on Steam but thought this place gets better attention so here I am with my first suggestion.

Although I haven't had the chance to play on tabletop, my friend did and he told me a simple thing that would add a great deal of depth to the feel of the warband's everydays and the city of Mordheim. Random spoils with different uses. Thinking about missing children, wounded survivor, magic tome, mystic lockbox, letters and maps of importance. Whatever comes to our minds. They should have alternate uses other than a source of gold (not in every case though).

[*]Missing children in the tabletop game for example could have been saved by the Sisters, sacrificed by the Chaos worshippers or sold by the Skaven.
[*]Same different-application mechanic could be used for the survivor. Like the option to recruit or sell/sacrifice/shelter.
[*]Maps and letters could provide more mission sites when used.
[*]Tomes and lockboxes could either provide stat/xp/skill boosts or even respec or they are cursed and cause injuries, loss of xp.

Just a couple that came to mind. Their rarity would be in relation with the scenario difficulty and they could be either found on the field itself or be awarded after the mission (even as reward for Secondary Objectives). I'd be curious about your ideas as well.
Last edited by Frankie on 07 April 2016, 14:11, edited 1 time in total.

MasterN

Re: More Detailed Spoils

Postby MasterN » 09 March 2016, 20:35

Yo, how are you doing?

While I am not someone who would refuse a good idea for the sake of keeping originality, I don't remember any mention of lost children in the city... Furthermore: It may be a little too offensive (for too many people) to sacrifice or sell them to slavery...

Survivors on the other hand may be less problematic. Different mechanics for different races may prove to be interesting.

The effort to implement them may be really small. Just add some items with the additional functionality. (AFAIK, there are no items that can be used outside a scenario)..
Can't assess the additional value the game though.

Frankie

Postby Frankie » 09 March 2016, 20:48

On the matter of missing children: have you seen some of the sceneries the wicked inhabitants of Mordheim created?! What's selling some children to slavers compared to that? :D But I can see where you are coming from... I thought this mean touch in the TT game was rather funny, but since this game hits a wider range of consumers the children could be renamed to stray citizens or whatever. And know what they are really for. :twisted:

About campaign items: there are items that can be used outside of the scenarios. They are gold-coloured tomes from certain act missions that give stat boosts, skill points or spell points. So with that adding some more cool things this way wouldn't be too hard.
Last edited by Frankie on 09 March 2016, 21:23, edited 1 time in total.

MasterN

Postby MasterN » 09 March 2016, 21:15

About campaign items: there are items that can be used outside of the scenarios. They are gold-coloured tomes from certain act missions that give stat boosts, skill points or spell points. So with that adding some more cool things this way wouldn't be too hard.
AHHH YES... the tomes.. totally forgot about them, as I screwed up the library mission.....

ok... less effort required...
I think that having several choices for each event that don't break the lore are important for maximum impact.

Rocksitter

Postby Rocksitter » 10 March 2016, 21:06

Great idea sounds like a lot of fun.. I would even pay for a dlc to include this.

Elmuerto

Postby Elmuerto » 10 March 2016, 21:17

i'm paying for any dlc:)

Frankie

Postby Frankie » 11 March 2016, 07:09

Ssshh, not too loud about that! :) Though I'd probably do the same (not that I could afford another EU4), it would be such a core feature that I doubt RF would put a price tag on it. Basically the implementation wouldn't be hard, just a bit of tweaking to the program since some of the mechanics are already in place and so it isn't as hard as creating a new warrior. The question is would it be worth to them to create something that doesn't create more money. If it would, and once the basics are ready it would be so easy to throw in new stuff. The wonderful thing about it is that even if the item is just a simple icon saying "Nobleman's Silk Underclothes" that worth a grand total of 5 gold crowns it still adds more fun to the average looter than some coins even if less convenient. Actually these random items could have random values as well. "Nobleman's Silk Underclothes" selling for 3-5 golds, "Exquisite Tilean Urn" for 5-7 crowns. A bargain for any merchant! :P

In the meantime, anyone got some ideas about the exotic loot should come forth with them! Not just the simple ones like these above but those having more practical uses as well. There is a discussion about the ability to reset the Veteran Skills and hunting for a faintly glowing crystal vial on Brutal or Deadly scenarios that potentially has the ability to do just that would be a fun way to have a limited respec option for the campaign skills.

Having mundane items added to the loot feels more real than finding weeping blades in a bedroom footlocker and decreasing the amount of practical items on the streets of Mordheim could boost the importance of the Merchant which is a bit marginal at the moment.

I just had the idea that some rare magical curios could be given away at the Den for little or no gold but higher influence reward. One man's trash is another's gold...

Elmuerto

Postby Elmuerto » 11 March 2016, 16:49

What about someones dirty underpants, probably from another warband :p

Frankie

Postby Frankie » 11 March 2016, 20:16

What about someones dirty underpants, probably from another warband :p
Bragging rights XP at best. Even that is somewhat questionable...

Return to “General Discussion”