Suppressive Fire

General discussion with other Mordheim: City of the Damned players.
BigMuuk

Suppressive Fire

Postby BigMuuk » 08 March 2016, 17:25

https://youtu.be/9_zRqSbBQSc

Howdy folks! I made a quick guide for beginners and folks who are struggling in the mean streets of Mordheim. This guide is about using Overwatch and string multiple Overwatches into an Overwatch Chain and how they can be used to great effect. If you are new and/or struggling through your campaign, stop in and check it out. If you're a salty ol' veteran, swing by and add to the guide in the comments section.

I have a few more guides in the works. I also have a playist put together with all of the guides I have created so far. You can find that here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 7sun9_saqe should you so desire.

El muerto

Re: Suppressive Fire

Postby El muerto » 08 March 2016, 18:09

Nice video, i allready noticed this but still very usefull for others, keep up the good work

BigMuuk

Postby BigMuuk » 08 March 2016, 23:40

Gracias El Muerto for taking the time to stop in and post.

I read a lot of posts from folks frustrated with the game. Hopefully after a video or two, they will get more enjoyment out of the game and we will have more folks to battle. =)

Drildgen

Postby Drildgen » 09 March 2016, 14:18

Great job with the video BigMuuk!

Thanks for sharing it with us :) Keep them coming!!
Good hunting in the streets of Mordheim!

-Drildgen

BigMuuk

Postby BigMuuk » 09 March 2016, 16:23

@Drildgen Thank you, and will do!

Frankie

Postby Frankie » 09 March 2016, 20:38

Nice vid, thanks! That music at the start and the end sounded very familiar. Might I ask which game is it from? :)

BigMuuk

Postby BigMuuk » 10 March 2016, 03:07

I'm not sure if it was ever in a video game at all. I found it on a royalty free music site while looking for Taiko Drum beats.

Frankie

Postby Frankie » 11 March 2016, 07:42

I'm not sure if it was ever in a video game at all. I found it on a royalty free music site while looking for Taiko Drum beats.
Alright, got it finally! Took me a couple days, but you know how hard it can be prying something out from the edge of your consciousness... The track's not a game song indeed, but it reminded me of this:

Silent Hill 4: The Room - Wounded Warsong

Sorry about the off-topic, the vid's still great, would love to see more! :)

BigMuuk

Postby BigMuuk » 11 March 2016, 19:01

I listened to the track and can see .... er.. hear the similarities. I've never played the game though. I know it's a popular series, but it's a little outside of my realm of interest.

I've been contemplating revamping my intro because I feel like it's a tad bit simple. I made it myself when I first started making videos. It was my third attempt. In the first two attempts, my ambition exceeded my skill level. I'm starting to think I might have built up my skill base enough to be able to reach my previous aspirations. But, I realize that I am likely in for another reality check. =)

Frankie

Postby Frankie » 11 March 2016, 20:15

Self-criticism is always a good thing! :) That said this game offers lots of tactics to cover and I'm sure that your video made even veterans rethink their choice of skills and warband builds a bit, I know it had mine. Also, being able to present your video on point while sounding casual is a trait not too many video makers have out there. So if this was among your first attempts you got a lot coming your way.

P.S. I haven't played any Silent Hill either but I came across that track and kinda stuck to me.

Return to “General Discussion”