[Poll] What are you willing to pay? (for expansion packs)

General discussion with other Mordheim: City of the Damned players.

How much are you willing to pay for an expansion?

< 10 $US
20%
10-15 $
26%
15-20 $
28%
20-25 $
10%
25-30 $
3%
>30 $
13%

Total votes: 351
MasterN

Re: [Poll] What are you willing to pay?

Postby MasterN » 23 January 2016, 13:24

If required I could come up with a useful algorithm for increased difficulty based on warband-rating in no more than 3 days (in fact I will.... watch me! I'll use my suggestion from my opening post.). Only issue with that would be a warband with all units at level 10 complete purple equipment and full slots.
Then the only option would be to let the AI cheat and have more units than possible for the player. But I personally think, that that would still be a better option than the present solution.

time starts now! :D
Challenge met! viewtopic.php?f=74&t=2047
Barely on time.... :D

The poll is progressing more quickly than anticipated. THANKS for your participation so far!

MasterN

Re: [Poll] What are you willing to pay? (for expansion packs

Postby MasterN » 01 February 2016, 19:42

I hope that I'm not overdoing it, by bumping after a week....

I can't find anythin in the rules section, cause IT'S EMPTY!

Ska!

Postby Ska! » 04 February 2016, 15:17

Not a single penny !! Really think it's abusive policy. If I buy a game I just want to pay it once otherwise is like Kidnaping my bank account, and that's why I dont play games MMP (like you know with game I'm thinking). I don't get payed twice for my job, so WTH?

MasterN

Postby MasterN » 04 February 2016, 17:58

Not a single penny !! Really think it's abusive policy. If I buy a game I just want to pay it once otherwise is like Kidnaping my bank account, and that's why I dont play games MMP (like you know with game I'm thinking). I don't get payed twice for my job, so WTH?
okay....
So you buy the game and you get the patches and engine updates free of charge, as expected (which is what you ask for).
If people ask for more content, that may prove to require quite some effort, then what pays for that? It's not really the same job, as that is already done (apart from some issues that the patches are meant to fix).

Now, as the first DLC is out, I can easily relate to what you mean though. The new DLC is:
2 characters for 1.99€ each(!).

That is exactly the sort of rubbish you don't want to expose your community to, Rogue Factor.
You need cash? Fine, I understand.
Make an official announcement that you need food as well, then I'll pay the 4 bucks. This thread was originally conceived for the purpose of creating reassurance, that the community will carry the DLC. Creating the feeling of being ripped-off will not lead to a lasting relationship.

Edit:
That is exactly the sort of rubbish you don't want to expose your community to, Rogue Factor.
For clarification: I don't mean the content, but the form of delivery.

Kratistoss

Postby Kratistoss » 06 February 2016, 17:07

First off.......Great game!
love you for what you have created.

For a proper expansion with 2 warbands(no less) with new campaigns and such, new maps, and expansion on current game balance etc, I would pay 20 to 30 bucks.

However I just noticed that I have to pay to enjoy the globadier and smuggler.....if I will be asked to provide a pocket money, this game will officialy die for me.
I honestly thought there would be no risk of something like this happening here, unfortunately I was mistaken.....I sincerely hope this is a one off.

Annual Expansions: yes

Drip feeding material: will uninstall

srry if I seem too strict on this, but I hate this type of thing.

Torchlord

Postby Torchlord » 08 February 2016, 07:27

I personally dont mind throwing $2 at a hero if the hero is fleshed out, which as the new dlc comes they are pretty nice. (The devs having to make the models, rig them, make movement animations for them, balancing them, abilities, etc.) So you all should stop your bitching, its taxing on my eyes to have to read thru your complaining. I for one have enjoyed my purchases so far with no complaints, except for no Chaos warrior/Chosen as a Leader/hero (personally would like as a hero choice so players can only have one at a time in combat). Will look forward to more to come in the future. Also possible to have Minotaur impressive for chaos, just throwing ideas out there. Tell me players that you wouldn't mind paying a few bucks here and there in-between larger dlc's being in the wetworks, I see it as a great way to throw in the more interesting races as mercs for any of the races even, like lizardmen, pitfighters, etc. But only as long as we are getting full warbands aswell along the road ahead. I know its a LOT of work on the devs to do even the new dlc heroes, please dont let anyone get you guys/gals down over their whining. Keep up the hard work!

MasterN

Postby MasterN » 11 February 2016, 17:08

I personally dont mind throwing $2 at a hero if the hero is fleshed out, which as the new dlc comes they are pretty nice. (The devs having to make the models, rig them, make movement animations for them, balancing them, abilities, etc.)
[..]
That is your opinion, but please remember that an optinion may be far from a fact.
[..]
I for one have enjoyed my purchases so far with no complaints, except for no Chaos warrior/Chosen as a Leader/hero (personally would like as a hero choice so players can only have one at a time in combat). Will look forward to more to come in the future. Also possible to have Minotaur impressive for chaos, just throwing ideas out there. Tell me players that you wouldn't mind paying a few bucks here and there in-between larger dlc's being in the wetworks, I see it as a great way to throw in the more interesting races as mercs for any of the races even, like lizardmen, pitfighters, etc. But only as long as we are getting full warbands aswell along the road ahead. I know its a LOT of work on the devs to do even the new dlc heroes,
[..]
It is very nice, that the content fulfills the expectations. Honestly, with the game as it is, I would not expect it to be bad. I make a different assumption about the time required (and thus the price that can be asked) for a single unit (that's my opinion based on personal experience), and a suggestion on how to prevent the issues that arise from people feeling ripped-off here viewtopic.php?f=74&t=2097.
My post above is a rant of disappointment, nothing else...
[..]
So you all should stop your bitching, its taxing on my eyes to have to read thru your complaining.
[..] ...please dont let anyone get you guys/gals down over their whining. Keep up the hard work!
Nobody forces you to read any of it.
Please don't be rude for no reason.

Arganan

Postby Arganan » 12 February 2016, 07:28

[..]
So you all should stop your bitching, its taxing on my eyes to have to read thru your complaining.
[..] ...please dont let anyone get you guys/gals down over their whining. Keep up the hard work!
Nobody forces you to read any of it.
Please don't be rude for no reason.
I have to agree and support MasterN in this situation, even if i have sometimes different opinions. He is one of the very few in this forum who write in a very good kontructiv and structured way. So the insulting post from Tourchlord is out of place. I never saw any post from masterN containing any whinning or flaming content.
@MasterN: stay tuned :)

Nightwalker

Postby Nightwalker » 12 February 2016, 07:40

1)It s miles away from being the cheapest game out there
2)It s not a bug free or well supported game
3) there r many good games f2p that the devs are making money from donations etc
4)We already paid for the basic version
5)Upgrades make the game more popular which leads to more people buying it.

so...

:D

DocFumble

Postby DocFumble » 13 February 2016, 17:30

I think there is things to change in the interface, which is often a bit tiresome.
Example :

- To see the Buffs, you have to press B, to see the Debuffs, you have to press N.
Why the hell those two commands should not be merged ?
It is difficult to easily have full informations about your warriors, that often let you taking bad decisions.
I suggest to merge all the buttons about warriors infos, in order to have all of it in a single view (stats, buffs, debuffs, resistances...)
It is not hard to implement in my opinion.

- The "strategic view" should be more clear. I think there already has many debates about it, but in the current version, it is impossible to understand the relief of the map. Why don't implement a part of 3D ? It's maybe difficult, but i think it could be very very useful for the gameplay.

For the campaign :
Just an idea.
Now, enemy warbands seems to be generated in the begenning of each game, just like the procedurals maps.

Maybe it's a hard work to do, but it could be cool to meet many times the same enemy warband.
- Enemy warbands could be generated at the beginning of the campaign (at different levels) have their own progression, evolving each day and growing at the same time as the players warband.
- In that way, the player could recognise some enemy warbands, fear them (or not), and remember that enemy hero taken out of action in a last game, taking his revenge despite his missing leg...
- So it would be possible to add (in the campaign view) a list of the enemy warbands, with informations like names, stats, ranks, values, levels, numbers of warriors...
- Most of those informations should be unknown at the beginning, and be updated each time the players warband meet an enemy warband.
- Maybe it would be possible to send scouts/spies to earn informations about enemy warbands
- The enemy warband info could be added (if the player have it) in the game description before launching the game.
Thus the player could know more about what it will face, and act in consequences.

I think it could be a great new gameplay implement, for roleplaying vendettas and competition.

Thanks for reading, and sorry for my rough english, it is not my native language :)

Return to “General Discussion”