[Poll] What are you willing to pay? (for expansion packs)

General discussion with other Mordheim: City of the Damned players.

How much are you willing to pay for an expansion?

< 10 $US
20%
10-15 $
26%
15-20 $
28%
20-25 $
10%
25-30 $
3%
>30 $
13%

Total votes: 351
Drildgen

Re: [Poll] What are you willing to pay? (for expansion packs

Postby Drildgen » 15 February 2016, 14:57

[...] To see the Buffs, you have to press B, to see the Debuffs, you have to press N.
Why the hell those two commands should not be merged ?
It is difficult to easily have full informations about your warriors, that often let you taking bad decisions.
I suggest to merge all the buttons about warriors infos, in order to have all of it in a single view (stats, buffs, debuffs, resistances...)
It is not hard to implement in my opinion.
Pressing the "Alt" button allows you to cycle through quick-info panels for each character that contains all of the information you asked for.
[...] The "strategic view" should be more clear. I think there already has many debates about it, but in the current version, it is impossible to understand the relief of the map. Why don't implement a part of 3D ? It's maybe difficult, but i think it could be very very useful for the gameplay.
During our iterations, we tried different approach with the strategic view. We selected this top view (isometric) over a perspective (3D) one because it was far more difficult to tell a unit's horizontal position with a perspective view. Locating a unit's horizontal position was the main goal of the strategic view and that is why we chose this implementation. We do take your feedback and we keep it in mind for future projects, but right now, for Mordheim, this feature is not going to change.
[...] For the campaign :
Just an idea.
Now, enemy warbands seems to be generated in the begenning of each game, just like the procedurals maps.

Maybe it's a hard work to do, but it could be cool to meet many times the same enemy warband.
- Enemy warbands could be generated at the beginning of the campaign (at different levels) have their own progression, evolving each day and growing at the same time as the players warband.
- In that way, the player could recognise some enemy warbands, fear them (or not), and remember that enemy hero taken out of action in a last game, taking his revenge despite his missing leg...
- So it would be possible to add (in the campaign view) a list of the enemy warbands, with informations like names, stats, ranks, values, levels, numbers of warriors...
- Most of those informations should be unknown at the beginning, and be updated each time the players warband meet an enemy warband.
- Maybe it would be possible to send scouts/spies to earn informations about enemy warbands
- The enemy warband info could be added (if the player have it) in the game description before launching the game.
Thus the player could know more about what it will face, and act in consequences.
This is a really good idea! In fact, we had a similar design at some point but was unfortunately judged quite costy to implement. This feature was cut in favor of the procedural warband generation that does just essentially the "same thing", without the perpetual warband name/composition recurrence. The procedural system actually calculates the generated warband as if it wasn't their first ramble in the streets of Mordheim, distributing wounds and physical limitation randomly across its members. This way, the AI has to compose with the same systems as the players.

I hope this answers your questions and your suggestions will be kept in mind for our future projects :)

Best regards,
Good hunting in the streets of Mordheim!

-Drildgen

DocFumble

Postby DocFumble » 17 February 2016, 17:43

There is something that absolutely needs to be fixed.

When you try to loot a chest or else, it is really difficult to place the unit exactly at the good position to active the "search" action. Sometimes it takes me several minutes, turning around the point, to loot this damn chest. It is REALLY annoying.

I think you really need to fix this, thanks for doing so !

Nightwalker

Postby Nightwalker » 20 February 2016, 12:43

When you try to loot a chest or else, it is really difficult to place the unit exactly at the good position to active the "search" action. Sometimes it takes me several minutes, turning around the point, to loot this damn chest. It is REALLY annoying.

This is part of the tactical difficulty of the game...

MasterN

Postby MasterN » 21 February 2016, 20:09

This is part of the tactical difficulty of the game...
I think what DocFumble is describing is a bug of some sort. I have no trouble accessing chests and loot. @Doc: Try the bug section for a solution.

Nightwalker

Postby Nightwalker » 28 February 2016, 00:23

MasterN If a dev here asks you to walk his dog out I bet yoi would...You like the game that much huh?

MasterN

Postby MasterN » 28 February 2016, 10:26

Well.... no.

But if they'd ask: "We need Mordheims coloseum and we're sort of short on cash. Can you help?" Then I'd say YES! BRING IT ON! ^^
(Then they'd just need to convince the makers of the unity engine to make a win7 compatible editor version. Which they don't have, thus I haven't even started....)

Simcc

Postby Simcc » 05 July 2016, 04:41

Well I am fairly new to the game but a vet in warhammer TT. So far this game is worth every penny and I would invest more to make it better. I don't mind paying over $100 as my TT models have cost me more hahaha :mrgreen: I have estimated above 1,000 models for both fantasy and 40k so I don't mind paying for an animated version.

Here is what I think the game should improved on.
1. Warband and hired swords. More and hire swords can be very dynamic.
2. Customization. Well collected so many models so naturally coloring it is important. I still find it unacceptable not to color my own weapons and shield. My empire army TT have chevron design on the shield of white and red with silver trimming. I don't get that here. Also why is helmet unable to customize? How about some add on like option to add scrolls, seal etc.
3. AI path needs improve, seen too many times they got stuck in the wagon. I admit it save me a lot of times but still I prefer a good fight.
4. More maps.
5. Wound and scare customization. I think this is the part I like it a lot so let me have more choice of wooden legs and eye patch etc.
6. Strategic map bug, sometimes it can't see the marker you place or the warband wagon sign. Customize the wagon as well.
7. More missions type, 2 warband vs 1 and escape with loot in x number of turns. Steal the map or plan etc so many to suggest.
8. Random event, save that poor injured and lost dude and get information to better loot area etc. a big treasure map that you need to find the pieces from different games. Opening the loot chest can be a trap etc. Also if it's not to much to ask random cannon position or catapult to help. Might even have a cool mission like you are surrounded by the combine warbands so you must fight them of and survive, look a nice piece of cannon or mortar use them hahaha.
The list goes on but above is my priority wish list.

Keep up the good work developer make this the best warhammer game I have played in pc.

Return to “General Discussion”