Mixed rank warband vs AI

General discussion with other Mordheim: City of the Damned players.
Jisur

Mixed rank warband vs AI

Postby Jisur » 07 December 2015, 12:18

I am curious to know how your A.I. opponent will be if you bring half a warband at rank 10 and the other half at rank 1.

Will the opponent be all rank 10 or will it tone down to an average of 5? :)
Just wondering how you should start train freshmen for your warband. Because carrying 1-2 freshmen is doable but adding more will be risky.

Relic

Re: Mixed rank warband vs AI

Postby Relic » 07 December 2015, 21:42

That one took me a while to understand and with the help of people here answering/hinting. Its unconfirmed but here is what I came to believe.

Instead of Levels, the system uses a rating, its the star like icon near their name. A level 0 with basic gear should be near 100. So your party will make a total number base on exp and gear. On normal mode, game will match your rating, but will average out. The only mystery is exactly how the AI allocates to individuals.

Jisur

Postby Jisur » 07 December 2015, 22:03

Yeah I have noticed that. I am pretty sure though that the A.I. opponent have close to the same wounds meaning they must be all the same rank :)

crimsonsun

Postby crimsonsun » 08 December 2015, 13:36

Its fully mixed up, I have a Merc warband with a Rank 9 leader, rank 7 warlock, rank 6 young blood, rank 8 marksman hero & a rank 2 impressive, with 3 rank 5-8 henchman and 2 rank 2s. My opponents AI warband was seemingly matched to my warband rank rather than fighter rank as there impressive was easily Rank 8 with literally double the HP mine had.. Gladly the AI is crippled when using impressive units so it wasn't to troubling.

drenzul

Postby drenzul » 08 December 2015, 16:43

If your impressive is a sister it will have because it has far higher armour mitigation and dodge chance.

Thanks

:twisted:

Jisur

Postby Jisur » 08 December 2015, 18:27

Its fully mixed up, I have a Merc warband with a Rank 9 leader, rank 7 warlock, rank 6 young blood, rank 8 marksman hero & a rank 2 impressive, with 3 rank 5-8 henchman and 2 rank 2s. My opponents AI warband was seemingly matched to my warband rank rather than fighter rank as there impressive was easily Rank 8 with literally double the HP mine had.. Gladly the AI is crippled when using impressive units so it wasn't to troubling.
As the A.I. wounds are percentage higher (eg. 30% in hard? something like that) Impressive with more wounds than regular hero will benefit more from this. The other day I encountered a impressive maiden of sigmar with almost 600 wounds :)

crimsonsun

Postby crimsonsun » 09 December 2015, 01:35

As the A.I. wounds are percentage higher (eg. 30% in hard? something like that) Impressive with more wounds than regular hero will benefit more from this. The other day I encountered a impressive maiden of sigmar with almost 600 wounds :)
lol yeah but its only 30% this impressive had more than double the hp of my own. I only play brutal/deadly so I know the adjustments (my rank 10 RO has 550 hp anyway) but this ogre had 640 while mine had 320ish being rank one, that's a huge difference.

Return to “General Discussion”