Poll about Possessed Hero

General discussion with other Mordheim: City of the Damned players.

What should be done to (Hero) Possessed?

Impressive (no tiring)
30%
Max Intelligence and Alertness higher
8%
Movement to 6
9%
All of the above
18%
He's fine as is
22%
Something else. What?
13%

Total votes: 90
Blitzconfusion

Poll about Possessed Hero

Postby Blitzconfusion » 05 December 2015, 17:11

Had something to say, and decided to test the poll feature now that I'm at it.

As we know, Possessed got their Movement increased from 5 (Slow) to 7 (Fast).
While I am grateful that something was done to make Possessed more appealing, and not being Slow is good start, making their Movement above average did not fix what was unappealing about them, at least for me. Slowness was just, if you pardon the expression, icing on the turd cake.
Currently I always hope my Possessed loses an arm, as currently he is the only Character (before Mutations) that has to Dual but does not have Impressive, and one-armed he no longer Duals and gets a better Dodge.
It is also a shame that the Character who gets practically nothing from Leadership has so low Max Intelligence and Alertness.

Everyone has two votes. I put in what I had in mind (so I'd vote 'All of the above'). If someone suggests something and gets some seconded-votes, I'll see if this allows to edit polls adding options after creation.

Svinto

Re: Poll about Possessed Hero

Postby Svinto » 05 December 2015, 23:40

their are a few thing i can say about that hero.
1. it's the fact that you get it late. and the 2 you got before is better choices.
2. can't tank, not much for a dodger
3. can't hurt anyone, only dies. cause you got him at level 0 if you don't get a leveled up one from hired swords. still shit.
4. fear feels like it does nothing wen you got it. but does a lot wen you are facing it. i don't know if the ones you fight are just higher level or something.

what i think would fix it.
1. armor or scale for skin. higher HP get that def up. would compensate for the low damage. make it more off a block champ. tanky tank.
2. if he losses an arm. make it fuse with the other to a 2H weapon. maybe give it a shield mutation. cool idea
i think that would do for the moment. i could find use for that.

Blitzconfusion

Postby Blitzconfusion » 11 December 2015, 13:38

their are a few thing i can say about that hero.
what i think would fix it.
1. armor or scale for skin. higher HP get that def up. would compensate for the low damage. make it more off a block champ. tanky tank.
2. if he losses an arm. make it fuse with the other to a 2H weapon. maybe give it a shield mutation. cool idea
i think that would do for the moment. i could find use for that.
Pretty good analysis. And quite interesting ideas, actually.

And in general: seems that Impressive is getting votes. I can see why.
Although there is surprising amount of 'OK'-votes. Kinda interested about that.

Astralwyrm

Postby Astralwyrm » 11 December 2015, 15:21

Rather than making him impressive maybe something like this.

Malevolent Will: This unit isn't effected by tiring, OP cost of using a weapon with tiring is increased by 1.

Or

This unit doesn't suffer the tiring effect beyound the first penalty.

When playing against the AI the possessed are often the ones i personally worry about though i do manage to dispatch them without too much difficulty.

drenzul

Postby drenzul » 11 December 2015, 18:32

Possessed are already quite powerful.

You can rebuild them as a dodge tank or just keep rebuying rookies, get them to level 1 then dump them if they don't get a parry arm.

With the right mutations, they are absolutely lethal.

Fear + Can't be parried + Good damage.

Sure they aren't exactly the toughest guys ever, but they have their place. They absolutely rip through traditional shield using tanks when setup right. If you get a parry arm, they actually become one of your toughest heroes.

My only real complaint about Possessed is the amount of effort it takes to get a decent one (re-training up to get the right mutations or purchasing hired swords), but this is a problem with Chaos in general. The difference between getting the right mutations and the wrong ones makes all the difference to your success rate.

Personally I'd like to see, instead of you getting a mutation randomly assigned, you get a choice of 3 mutations (chosen randomly) and can choose one from that list, so at least you can direct the mutations in a way that suits you without giving you anywhere near perfect control over them.

This is the problem with mutations as they have implemented them.... They have tried to avoid people been able to choose exactly what mutations they want by making it take a lot of time to get them. If you could choose the mutations, they would be OP which is the problem. However classes that rely on having the right mutations then become an absolute pain to get into a useable state.

I kinda gave up on my Chaos warband because I couldn't get a decent mutation on any of my heros :) Got fed up of rebuying them over and over.

Morjax

Postby Morjax » 11 December 2015, 20:59

Possessed are already quite powerful.

You can rebuild them as a dodge tank or just keep rebuying rookies, get them to level 1 then dump them if they don't get a parry arm.

With the right mutations, they are absolutely lethal.

Fear + Can't be parried + Good damage.

Sure they aren't exactly the toughest guys ever, but they have their place. They absolutely rip through traditional shield using tanks when setup right. If you get a parry arm, they actually become one of your toughest heroes.

My only real complaint about Possessed is the amount of effort it takes to get a decent one (re-training up to get the right mutations or purchasing hired swords), but this is a problem with Chaos in general. The difference between getting the right mutations and the wrong ones makes all the difference to your success rate.

Personally I'd like to see, instead of you getting a mutation randomly assigned, you get a choice of 3 mutations (chosen randomly) and can choose one from that list, so at least you can direct the mutations in a way that suits you without giving you anywhere near perfect control over them.

This is the problem with mutations as they have implemented them.... They have tried to avoid people been able to choose exactly what mutations they want by making it take a lot of time to get them. If you could choose the mutations, they would be OP which is the problem. However classes that rely on having the right mutations then become an absolute pain to get into a useable state.

I kinda gave up on my Chaos warband because I couldn't get a decent mutation on any of my heros :) Got fed up of rebuying them over and over.

I'm kinda in this camp myself. I feel like they're a bit lackluster starting off, but who isn't? There is of course the random nature of the mutations that can wreck your day, but adapting is part of the really interesting part of this game to me.

Blitzconfusion

Postby Blitzconfusion » 16 December 2015, 05:28

I'm kinda in this camp myself. I feel like they're a bit lackluster starting off, but who isn't? There is of course the random nature of the mutations that can wreck your day, but adapting is part of the really interesting part of this game to me.
Well, I do think that new pretty much all other new Heroes I have to take have better strength-to-effort ratio. I'm extremely sentimental about my troops, but I simply can't keep a new Possessed alive without forgetting him in an attic somewhere (in which case I'm outnumbered). And even when I can keep him alive, I don't think I get as much out of him as I get from your awerage Hero (and he still has that annoying tendency to get knocked out).

drenzul

Postby drenzul » 16 December 2015, 13:57

That is unfortunatly the case for a new possessed.

However they are very powerful with the right mutations.

If you boost them at the start, they will be very OP with the mutations.

To be honest, the Devs have made a bit of a rod for their own back with balancing Chaos.
With the mutations as powerful as they are, a Chaos warband pretty much needs to be a lot weaker than everyone else before the mutations kick in.

Return to “General Discussion”