This forum vs Steam forum

General discussion with other Mordheim: City of the Damned players.
Twahn

This forum vs Steam forum

Postby Twahn » 03 December 2015, 09:28

Hi devs,

Any chance we can get a bit more love for this forum as opposed to the Steam forum?

Stuff like upcoming patch notes should at least be posted here as well don't you think? I'd personally prefer just these forums but can understand if you appreciate the higher traffic in the Steam ones (though of course not posting the good stuff here only exacerbates that issue). :)

Love to hear your thoughts.

PS I'm surprised that I can create threads in this section?

Drildgen

Re: This forum vs Steam forum

Postby Drildgen » 03 December 2015, 14:51

Hello Twahn,

I am as surprised as you are that you can create posts in the Official Announcement section... I will move your new thread to the General Discussion and update the permissions after this reply!

You are absolutely right! The upcoming patch notes should've been posted here and that is entirely my fault for not having them posted yet (I really thought I had them posted somewhere though, I will investigate)...

As you may have noticed, the Official Forums went through a complete overhaul last week and that took quite a lot of work (especially going through all the previously posted threads and making sure they end up in their proper section after the reconstruction). I am also the only active dev on these forums, while there is 3 or 4 of my colleagues on the Steam forums, each taking care of their own section. Lastly, I'm still new to this Community Management thingy, while I absolutely LOVE it, my job is first and foremost being the Level Designer here at Rogue Factor! I'm learning a lot though and it's really growing on me!

But there's no excuse!! I will make sure that you guys get all the information at the same time as the Steam forums from now on!!

Cheers!
Good hunting in the streets of Mordheim!

-Drildgen

Twahn

Postby Twahn » 03 December 2015, 20:45

Excellent! Thanks Drildgen.

I did notice the overhaul of the forums for release, of course! You're doing a great job monitoring these forums, especially the bug reports that are always replied to quickly.

So, how about some juicy level design gossip? You working on any new ones? Come on, you owe me! ;)
Last edited by Twahn on 03 December 2015, 22:38, edited 1 time in total.

Drildgen

Postby Drildgen » 03 December 2015, 21:08

Level Design gossip you say? Oh you have no idea!!!

Here's how it always starts:

"Once there was a box..."

Here's how it always ends:

"... OMG THIS IS AWESOME!"

I will let your imagination fill-in the gap! ;)
Good hunting in the streets of Mordheim!

-Drildgen

Twahn

Postby Twahn » 03 December 2015, 22:54

Lol! You suck.

The levels are pretty awesome though. Probably merchant quarter with the bridge is my favourite. ;)

Return to “General Discussion”