Thousand eyes

Discuss about the Cult of the Possessed warriors, builds, skills, equipment, strategy and more!
Yuarl

Thousand eyes

Postby Yuarl » 21 March 2016, 12:13

Ive always felt like this was a nasty mutation, but i happened to get it in a possesed with wyrdstone horns.

Im thinking to build him max WS and the stance that gives 20% melee resistance. With the fear, and the horns, could be hard to hit.

Also high thoughness, of course.

What do you think? What other skills could help? Anything that improves fear effect or makes it harder to resist..? Or anything else?

Share your thoughts, please.

P.S. The possesed came at rank 4 with 3 mutations. Im wondering if hell get a fourth one at rank 7... Will tell ya then.

Arganan

Re: Thousand eyes

Postby Arganan » 22 March 2016, 05:59

Thousand eyes is a very usefull Mutation for possessed, because they can only wear cloth.
You can find a sample of skilling in the following link Possessed

If you work with w-horns you should also take anticipation. You should stack also agility to increase melee resist.
To support fear you have to enchant the weapons of the whole warband with dismay to support each member with fear and terror. So even Brethens with bows(3 hits max) get very usefull to stack dismay.
But this possessed is just good for RPG-Player (to have a tough gy with horns), because if you relay just on one layer(hit) he is more likely to be hit, then when you choose two layer(hit+dodge). So this one wouldn't be very effectiv for power play. But this is up to you. I'm one of the player who like to have one of those. So i try to get him.

But you have to pay attention you should only have 2 Mutation on level 4. So the guy you have is cursed with a bug.

What do you think?

Yuarl

Postby Yuarl » 22 March 2016, 12:18

He is a hired sword, so he came with 3 mutations at rank 4. Ive seen some others like him. I will check if he gets another one at 7th.

About dodge, i plan him to be more a dd than a tank, so i want high strength, and the question is to choose either high thoughness or high dexterity. Considering horns, i think ill go for thoughness.

How do you get the third shot on bethren? I usually do a normal one plus a special skill.

Arganan

Postby Arganan » 23 March 2016, 05:55

As I mentioned the hired swords are bugy at the moment.

When you want to go more for damage, then of course you should invest in toughness. This leave options for frenzy, because it is a toughness skill. If you don't want to have a glass cannon, you should take anticipation as well as hardy to get the most out of the horns. Because he can't retreat you shouldn't build him like a hit&run DD. The fear-feature also need some support. So if the tank also have dismay you can decrease the fear resist by more then 16% + 12% for each brethen firing on the target.

breathen can go for 3 shots with this build 3 shot build The key is introspection und quick reload to load 3 times and have 3 shots.

How do you want to create damage? flat with 3 attacs or with mighty charge and strong blow?

Yuarl

Postby Yuarl » 23 March 2016, 19:09

I think that i'll go for such a different attack style. Blood offering+normal/mighty blow+attracting lure (considering we have lowered the leadership)...

Eisai

Postby Eisai » 24 March 2016, 11:21

I have thousand eyes on my mutant (first hero in the warband)

he is high agility-dodge character, and thanks to the cloth I did not have to max out agi, at level 7 I started to put points into strength. Step aside - 3xdodge at 105% is enought to make him harder to take out that a spawn with 1x dodge at 70%.

In early game the mutant had additionaly a free hand, later the left one mutated but he thankfully had already high enough agi.

Right now he has a left arm mutation, horns and thousand eyes, which makes him look very weak but it is like light armour and a helmet without debuffs and +10% dodge

Return to “Cult of the Possessed”