About the sisters of Sigmar

Discuss about the Sisters of Sigmar warriors, builds, skills, equipment, strategy and more!
Hazard

About the sisters of Sigmar

Postby Hazard » 29 November 2015, 21:51

Well, after a lot of battles, I'd tried the sisters.
The ideas I had before was : slow and powerful in hand to hand with anecdotic spells.
And a bizarre unit : the Augur, who was very weak.
So let's go with this and with this fourth Hero.
(don't compare with the fourth hero from the other bands)
Well a pity, nothing common with the tabletop game.
Even her power is useless : Economise 1 SP...
Until, until this possibility : Advance one step, perception, advance an other step perception, repeat until you go to the adversary's chariot, take the idol and come back with the same method.
And you win all the "break their will" scenario...
But it isn't the plan for this unit, is it ?

Please, change her power : Use 1 SP to perception with +50 and try something with reroll, who was the gameplay of this unit.

Just to finish, the two henchmen are too identical.
So take only novices, you could use their skill every turn, they are fastest, and they could do more dommage even if it wasn't more often.

MrPyro

Re: About the sisters of Sigmar

Postby MrPyro » 30 November 2015, 11:34

You are making the same mistake I did about Perception; once you activate Perception it remains active for the rest of that unit's turn. So use it once then run around to your heart's content spotting traps and chests.

Most advice I have seen for the Auger is to use her as a looter; keep her away from the fight and have her just grab stuff from buildings. Other option is to run her as a glass cannon Hit and Run style attacker (pop in, smack something, disengage) with high melee resist and Dodge and mastered Sidestep.

However, even looking at that I simply find her underwhelming compared to the Purifier (aka Comet of Sigmar spam) and Sister Superior, who is a decent melee tank. I'd only run an Auger if I had a 4-hero build, and that means giving up the Maiden, which is simply not happening because she is frankly made of awesome.

Reece

Postby Reece » 30 November 2015, 12:58

I think he's talking about a bug/exploit. It sounds like you can take a step then use perception to get slight moment but reset your starting point. So you can move an infinite distance in a turn.

MrPyro

Postby MrPyro » 30 November 2015, 13:34

Yes, that's probably right. As long as you have 1 SP left you can make some very small movements without losing an SP: I often use it in dense wyrdstone fields when the game gets weird about which of the stones I can loot from my current position. So you probably could exploit the free perception check if you feel like taking 1 2-hour turn just moving one unit.

Twahn

Postby Twahn » 01 December 2015, 05:02

Lol. Epic cheese.

drenzul

Postby drenzul » 01 December 2015, 15:06

LOL, would take about an hour to make it across the map like that ;)

MrPyro

Postby MrPyro » 01 December 2015, 15:32

And enemies in Ambush stance would mess it up as well, or at least slow you down as you have to disengage.

Is there a time-limit for turns in MP? If so then this is a useless tactic there, and to be honest if somebody wants to exploit it in SP then good luck to them. In the time it takes them to move their Auger across the map I could have played 2 complete missions and probably earned more XP and loot.

Aivan

Postby Aivan » 02 December 2015, 09:16

Who else could be the leader? Purifier or Sister Superior? I never take the Auger. Not worth it.

MrPyro

Postby MrPyro » 02 December 2015, 09:19

The hero that can be promoted to leader is... the Auger, that most popular of hero picks!

I really like the Matriarch as a leader though so not an issue for me.

Hazard

Postby Hazard » 02 December 2015, 16:13

No need of taking the symbol at the first round.
If you wait 2-3 rounds after the start of the hand to hand combat, you could avoid ambushes.
It take only 10 minutes to pass the critical path. After, you could run as usual.
Well 10 minutes for the 3 xp of the secondary mission, it's a good deal.

Anyway my topic is that Augur, unless you want to exploit this tactic, is useless.
It's a pity when you refer to the tabletop game.
Who uses her ?

About Henchmen, who uses the sisters (vs novices) and why ?

Return to “Sisters of Sigmar”