Mordheim Combat Result Calculator

Whatever you want to talk about, do it right here!
Orcs N Goblins

Mordheim Combat Result Calculator

Postby Orcs N Goblins » 20 October 2014, 08:20

Dec 3rd Update: http://cim.saddleback.edu/~ntimmer0/mor ... lcTest.php
Note: Works on Chrome/Safari but not so well on firefox.
This is what I got so far... It currently allows the user to select an attacker and defender, and I will be adding more options like weapons / skills...
The output I am trying to generate ideally is a 'tree' type structure 'as shown', in addition to just the resulting % chance for Out Of Action, Stun, Knocked Down, and Still Standing.
Also when the 'submit' button is pressed it updates the URL so that the page can be linked to later on.
The server this is running on doesn't support .jsp so I am probably going to have to rewrite my Java.

I worked on this Mordheim Orc & Goblin Warband Roster Building Webpage:
http://cim.saddleback.edu/~ntimmer0/mordheim.html

I want to do more with it, was wondering what you guys thought of:
Adding a feature to calculating 1 round of combat probability of Out of Action/Knock Down/Stun results when 1 model charges another.
There is just so many rules and exception and contradictions hard to calculate exactly
Last edited by Orcs N Goblins on 03 December 2014, 19:53, edited 2 times in total.

Ildemone

Re: Mordheim Combat Result Calculator

Postby Ildemone » 24 October 2014, 08:54

Hah, nice idea :) .

Jonkenden

Postby Jonkenden » 07 November 2014, 20:46

Not a bad idea per se but there is alot to add in if you plan to make this :shock:
You can send your logs and crash folders to these two addresses :
- supportmordheim@focus-home.com
- logs@rogue-factor.com

Viki Camara

Postby Viki Camara » 16 November 2014, 22:02

is this going to evolve?
-Vaktathi: Sweet Jesus, Khorne and Slaanesh together in the same box!??!?!
-Binky: Nope, just Khorne and Slaanesh. Jesus will be released in a blister.

Orcs N Goblins

Postby Orcs N Goblins » 20 November 2014, 19:23

I am currently unemployed so I haven't been working on the Calculator... just posted the idea on here to get feedback of how interested people are in the idea.

Sounds like people are interested, so I'll try to get it done before 2015.
It will be based off the original rule book, and just calculate the chance of either side being OoA/Stun/KD or both Standing after one round of combat between 2 models.

I have already written most of the combat result calculating code in Java for dealing with a single attack (to Wound/ handling Crit/ Armor Save/ Helmet), just have to change it to JavaScript, or else make a backend server (which I am currently studying Node.js).

Regarding the 'Parrying' and the ''To Hit' Role:
If anyone has clarification on how the Parry/(Dwarf:Master of Blades) rule interacts with Master Swordsman rule, that would be helpful!
Basically does a Parry count as a miss, and allow a 2nd role for a master Swordsman?
I was thinking just making it so Master Swordsman cause 2 dice rolls per hit, and choose the highest as the role that Parry needs roll against.
Otherwise you are kinda rewarding a Master Swordsman who has low WS.

Jonkenden

Postby Jonkenden » 20 November 2014, 21:20

My guess is that parry isn't counted as a miss, can't find anything offical about it thou
You can send your logs and crash folders to these two addresses :
- supportmordheim@focus-home.com
- logs@rogue-factor.com

Viki Camara

Postby Viki Camara » 21 November 2014, 22:43

I am missing something. Link gets me to page where I can 'make' orc'n'goblin band and that's it.
No calculator of combat.

And to parry an attack you need to be hit. So parried attack doesn't count as missed, since you already succeeded it, eg. rolled dice properly. (not a good english of mine)
-Vaktathi: Sweet Jesus, Khorne and Slaanesh together in the same box!??!?!
-Binky: Nope, just Khorne and Slaanesh. Jesus will be released in a blister.

Orcs N Goblins

Postby Orcs N Goblins » 03 December 2014, 20:37

I put an edit in the 1st post, a link to what I got so far... http://cim.saddleback.edu/~ntimmer0/mor ... lcTest.php
Note: Works on Chrome/Safari but not so well on Firefox.

I could use some help clarifying exactly how multiple attacks and critical strikes work:

If rolling on the critical hit chart a '1,2' is rolled then it says: "A wound is doubled to two wounds, roll any armour saves before doubling the wounds"
So in this case I believe a Single roll for the armor save occurs and if the armor save is successful then
(Q1) ZERO wounds are scored, correct? and would you say NO crit occurred, since it was blocked by armor?

Now combining this with the fact that "Each warrior may only cause one critical hit in each round of hand-to-hand combat phase"
so lets say a warrior has 2 weapons 2 attacks.
The 1st attack crits but an armor save was made,
Then the 2nd attack crits too, so
(Q2) does this '2nd' crit count since there was already a critical hit? I believe yes, because the other crit was prevented.
(Q3) Same question but this time both crits occur from the same weapon, and the 1st crit was armor saved, should the 2nd crit be counted as a crit?

Also never understood: "If a critical hit causes more than one wound, and the weapon the attacker is using normally causes several wounds, then use the one that causes the most damage".
1st of all critical hits Never cause just one wound, so I don't know why they say 'if' a critical hit causes more than one wound.
So lets say a Troll with 3 attacks lands all 3 attacks against a goblin with 0 armor save.
Lets say one of the 3 attacks is a crit, so that wound is doubled to 2 wounds.
(Q4) So in total is there 4 wounds? or do I have to compare what is worse 3 wounds, or 2 critical wounds? and roll for each separately?

Return to “Off-topic”