Skaven Builds for All Units and Build Ordering

Discuss about the Skaven of Clan Eshin warriors, builds, skills, equipment, strategy and more!
crimsonsun

Re: Skaven Builds for All Units and Build Ordering

Postby crimsonsun » 29 December 2015, 10:39

How much experience PvP do you have with your builds because while I cannot fault the basics I'm seriously dubious to some of your choices though I cannot fault your being entirely original in your style. I love verminkin control build skirmishers and I am seriously concerned about how many daredevil builds your looking at, I cannot see how you can possibly effectively support this in terms of focused debuffing.

Your Sorcerer builds are not something I'd considered, though again I'm again highly doubtful of how effective in a PvP environment. I can see what your up too and I imagine its effective I'm just not sure he's protected enough for his cost investment. Now you've also not covered any Sorcerer Leaders which are the ultimate in support builds. Anyway well done for being original and I hope to see you on the battlefield at some point.

I'd love to get more PvP experience in this game, and you are correct, these builds are for PvE and are primarily what I'm going to be using for my let'splay series for skaven to do the campaign missions. As for PvP, is there even PvP in this game at this point?! Every single time I log on to PvP and wait in the Skirmish mode with a game up it takes over 2 hours to get someone interested in playing me. I'd say that it would be fair to say this game isn't a PvP game until they fix all the issues in this game, especially the LOADING TIME, holy christmas...

Yes, I think it would be fun to test out builds in Skirmish mode, if you'd like we can set up a time to do it :)
Add me on steam and join the Gentleman of mordheim (username crimsonsun) PvP games are mainly arranged that way rather than just waiting because there's no lobby, though I'm building forums for the gentleman that will have a lobby chat area for such arrangements. Otherwise I'd love to chat and geek with you over a game or three :D.

DarkZany

Postby DarkZany » 29 December 2015, 11:01

How much experience PvP do you have with your builds because while I cannot fault the basics I'm seriously dubious to some of your choices though I cannot fault your being entirely original in your style. I love verminkin control build skirmishers and I am seriously concerned about how many daredevil builds your looking at, I cannot see how you can possibly effectively support this in terms of focused debuffing.

Your Sorcerer builds are not something I'd considered, though again I'm again highly doubtful of how effective in a PvP environment. I can see what your up too and I imagine its effective I'm just not sure he's protected enough for his cost investment. Now you've also not covered any Sorcerer Leaders which are the ultimate in support builds. Anyway well done for being original and I hope to see you on the battlefield at some point.

I'd love to get more PvP experience in this game, and you are correct, these builds are for PvE and are primarily what I'm going to be using for my let'splay series for skaven to do the campaign missions. As for PvP, is there even PvP in this game at this point?! Every single time I log on to PvP and wait in the Skirmish mode with a game up it takes over 2 hours to get someone interested in playing me. I'd say that it would be fair to say this game isn't a PvP game until they fix all the issues in this game, especially the LOADING TIME, holy christmas...

Yes, I think it would be fun to test out builds in Skirmish mode, if you'd like we can set up a time to do it :)
Add me on steam and join the Gentleman of mordheim (username crimsonsun) PvP games are mainly arranged that way rather than just waiting because there's no lobby, though I'm building forums for the gentleman that will have a lobby chat area for such arrangements. Otherwise I'd love to chat and geek with you over a game or three :D.
Well, if you are online now or soon, I'd love to chat with you or talk on skype or something about the game. I've just sent you an invite on steam. I'll be likely recording my next episode soonish later tonight if you're not going to be available, since I want to finish up the Skaven Campaign and do the other warbands as well before X-COM 2 comes out so I can do a letsplay on that as well :)

PennaDSGN

Postby PennaDSGN » 28 January 2016, 13:32

Some really interesting stuff, I haven't had the opportunity to use Skaven yet but they're definitely going to be the next war-band i choose. I can see this thread becoming quite useful to me! So thanks for all the pointers.

SoonerSox

Postby SoonerSox » 08 February 2016, 06:52

Something to be careful with is selecting the "avoid" skill. Generally it is only beneficial in the lower to mid levels as once your warrior attains a high Agility, Dodge and Sidestep are boosted to the point that some classes can reach 95% without avoid (especially if you go the open off hand route).

Arganan

Postby Arganan » 08 February 2016, 14:01

Something to be careful with is selecting the "avoid" skill. Generally it is only beneficial in the lower to mid levels as once your warrior attains a high Agility, Dodge and Sidestep are boosted to the point that some classes can reach 95% without avoid (especially if you go the open off hand route).
You should keep in mind, that there are other influences(Skills like weak spot or black hunger, Stats like accuracy) that decreases your real chance for dodge. So you should aim for at least 110% Dodge to get a working dodge-tank/defence.

SoonerSox

Postby SoonerSox » 09 February 2016, 01:13

That is if the game actually keeps track of anything above 95% as that is the actual working cap. So if you have 110% Dodge but are capped at 95% and an effect lowers your dodge by 10% is it still 95% or actually 85%. I don't know for sure but it seems to be the latter in my experience.

Yuarl

Postby Yuarl » 06 March 2016, 21:25

I like your builds but i'm wondering how do you equip each one. I'm so dissapointed with the double swords and double claws that skaven have... dunno what to do.

killroy225

Postby killroy225 » 19 March 2016, 00:59

You think you'll be updating your build order sometime to show the Poison Wind Globadier?

Karond

Postby Karond » 28 April 2016, 22:32

I would build a globadier like this:

Skills:

Mastered strangler globe
Mastered Quick reload
Mastered Warp poison
Mastered Poison expert
Mastered Knowledge: Mordheim
With tome of abilities, you can add meditation for a further movement boost or the skill "potent globes" if your warband has some more poison in it.

I don't know the exact ability points they get at level 10, but you can max out ballistic skill, agility and get intelligence to 15 easily. With a build like this you use shurikens with preferably a rune that helps you to hit, removes OP or such. For helmets, get movement increase and on armor it's all about ballistic skill.

With a build like this, you get a very quick nimble individual who lurks around your main battleline. Shurikens have a +to hit bonus and allows you to rapidly fire more shots at very little SP cost, and that's what you want. Damage is not important, you're looking to debuff as many enemies as possible with warp poison for -4 OP each. Coupled with this you've the option for the strangling globe to really mess up spellcasters in PvP. The sisters turtle, so you can get several of them at once, and the matriarch and magister tend to include order as a backup for when they can't cast spells which the strangling globe also nullifies.

Currently there is a bug with poison expert + the default globe, so instead of subtracting 40 poison resistance it adds it to the enemy's resistance. When that's fixed, the globe also helps with area control and breaking up turtling.

It's a very strong build but you've to use your movement to stay out of sight from ranged attacks, and focus on debuffing and hiding constantly.

stevethegecko

Postby stevethegecko » 17 January 2017, 07:58

I'm wondering why the OP didn't include Swarm on his Night Runners. 2x Night Runners with Swarm and Art of Silent Death running around together behind enemy lines is incredibly effective.

Return to “Skaven of Clan Eshin”