Any Tips?

Discuss about the Reikland Mercenaries warriors, builds, skills, equipment, strategy and more!
PennaDSGN

Any Tips?

Postby PennaDSGN » 27 January 2016, 12:33

I have played the game for quite some time now, built up a pretty hefty looking War Band but in some ways I'm still a beginner! If any of you guys have any tips small/big then feel free to let me know what they're. I don't know EVERYTHING there's to know, so of course there's many ways I can improve!

Any way enough of me rambling, look forward to hearing from you all.

Arganan

Re: Any Tips?

Postby Arganan » 27 January 2016, 12:50

Which kind of problem are you facing? What do you try to archive and have problems with it? It is hard to give or summarise general tips, because there are too many good guides and good tips in existing threads. They all addresses different play styles and warbands.

PennaDSGN

Postby PennaDSGN » 27 January 2016, 12:58

Which kind of problem are you facing? What do you try to archive and have problems with it? It is hard to give or summarise general tips, because there are too many good guides and good tips in existing threads. They all addresses different play styles and warbands.
At the moment I find it an issue that my players can't move very far. I want to make it so my war band can travel quite far each turn, when travelling to a specific location I find it pretty tedious to say the least. Having to move a player a little bit each turn isn't much of an advancement and I really want to be able to get into battle right away. Also I'm using the Reikland Mercs just to let you know!

Arganan

Postby Arganan » 27 January 2016, 14:36

as far as I know mercs can move 6m each Strategy-Point(SP) so it is a common range. Do they wear heavy armor? when yes they get slowed down to 4m without the skills Armor Proficient or Knowledge: Mordheim.

But the thing you desire is hard to archive due to the setting of mordheim and turnbased strategy. Mordheim is the dangeroused place in the world. You have to trade security for speed, or you are likely to die, because stances also cost SP. The other part is due to the concept of turn based strategy to come over the lack of real time action.
During the Early Access there were a lot of discussions about movement range, because this was too high, resolving in nearly every one was in close combat in the first round. So in high end game it was only a matter of initiative and didn't left much space for different strategies.
I know it can be annoing to run accross the whole map. Maybe it would help to reduce the numbers of members in a mission to 4 or 5, e.g. only heros because they have more SP. So there are less members to move and so you get your favored members faster(playtime not turns) to the spot you want. And the gameplay feels much faster, because of less oponents and member. It is a hugh different in playtime between playing with 10 or 5 members. It also looks like it is easy with less members due the fact that it is more predictable.

You can scout for enemies by using the blue spots you left on the ground after moving to repath your way through the city to explore a wider area. But watch out, they will be reseted after trap, ambush or overwath shot. The bluespots marks the location where you start spending your next SP.

I hope that helps and didn't miss your intention.

PennaDSGN

Postby PennaDSGN » 27 January 2016, 15:01

as far as I know mercs can move 6m each Strategy-Point(SP) so it is a common range. Do they wear heavy armor? when yes they get slowed down to 4m without the skills Armor Proficient or Knowledge: Mordheim.

But the thing you desire is hard to archive due to the setting of mordheim and turnbased strategy. Mordheim is the dangeroused place in the world. You have to trade security for speed, or you are likely to die, because stances also cost SP. The other part is due to the concept of turn based strategy to come over the lack of real time action.
During the Early Access there were a lot of discussions about movement range, because this was too high, resolving in nearly every one was in close combat in the first round. So in high end game it was only a matter of initiative and didn't left much space for different strategies.
I know it can be annoing to run accross the whole map. Maybe it would help to reduce the numbers of members in a mission to 4 or 5, e.g. only heros because they have more SP. So there are less members to move and so you get your favored members faster(playtime not turns) to the spot you want. And the gameplay feels much faster, because of less oponents and member. It is a hugh different in playtime between playing with 10 or 5 members. It also looks like it is easy with less members due the fact that it is more predictable.

You can scout for enemies by using the blue spots you left on the ground after moving to repath your way through the city to explore a wider area. But watch out, they will be reseted after trap, ambush or overwath shot. The bluespots marks the location where you start spending your next SP.

I hope that helps and didn't miss your intention.
Thanks for the advice! Will really help me out a lot. To be honest I think I'll be able to get over the fact that you can only move your units a certain distance, the games still really enjoyable for me. On a side note is there any particular way to get the most amount of money? Some times I'm a bit tight on cash which makes me fall behind slightly so it'd be interesting to know what different routes there are on gaining money.

Arganan

Postby Arganan » 27 January 2016, 19:16

Money is the major problem in the early game, because it is hard to full fill optional targets, like collecting w-stones, to get additional loot. Later when your mates have higher levels and more skills it becoms easier. I don't know if it is the best way and maybe others have better ideas, you can do following things to get more for your monney:

veteran skills that reduce cost of skills and hiring members
make missions only with 4 mates because the rewards/loot and task arent scaling with the number of members taking part in the mission and afterwards you only have to pay for the 4 guys not 10. So you get more out of the mission.

Whith my first warband(Chaos) i allways used the maximum amount of members(9 with impressiv) available in a mission. They were fun, took a lot of time and where challanging, but I had high cost because of the payment. 100+g each day. Then I startet to level possessed and marauders to get the mutations i want. Therefor i tried a small group and it was easier to archiv the optional targets and even to collect more w-stones. Maybe it is just an impression just because i get used to my members and know what they can do and what not. but this is my experience.

I hope that helps too.

PennaDSGN

Postby PennaDSGN » 28 January 2016, 13:29

Brilliant advice!

I did notice the different veteran skills but haven't had the opportunity to dabble into any of them yet. Using less people in battles would probably be my best option as that's where a lot of money gets spent. Having to pay for medical treatment and general fees after a long battle is never good with a full roster of men so thanks for those tips also!

Think I'm going to take everything that you've said into consideration and have a blast on COTD tonight, see how I get on. Hopefully i'll be well on my way to becoming a complete master at the game haha! All the best and thanks for the advice yet again man.

Arganan

Postby Arganan » 28 January 2016, 15:45

I just read annother post in the steam forum regarding number of member taking part in a mission.
They mentioned that for each member taking part the percentage of partiel loot of the remaining spots after a victory is increased.

So to judge about the two aspects i can say that in my experience i was able to loot more w-stones or other things when i played with less member then playing with all members, because when you are playing with less members your are less likly to be caught from ai members when you send some one out, because you have more space to move before any1 else can catch you. But I guess this depends on the play style.
I always go for the big chunks of the w-stones with the whole warband in any mission regardless which additional object i have. so the remaining loot is less of interest. Later you have to check also the other spots for potential enchant-formular

So check what suits you more.

PennaDSGN

Postby PennaDSGN » 29 January 2016, 14:48

I just read annother post in the steam forum regarding number of member taking part in a mission.
They mentioned that for each member taking part the percentage of partiel loot of the remaining spots after a victory is increased.

So to judge about the two aspects i can say that in my experience i was able to loot more w-stones or other things when i played with less member then playing with all members, because when you are playing with less members your are less likly to be caught from ai members when you send some one out, because you have more space to move before any1 else can catch you. But I guess this depends on the play style.
I always go for the big chunks of the w-stones with the whole warband in any mission regardless which additional object i have. so the remaining loot is less of interest. Later you have to check also the other spots for potential enchant-formular

So check what suits you more.
Also didn't know that! I think I'll have to play with less men, I think the amount that I'm using at the moment is really unnecessary and I adopted the tactic of "Safety In Numbers" whereas now I come to think of it that's really unnecessary. All the points you've made make a lot of sense to be honest, just a shame it's took me this long to figure it out haha! Getting those w-stones is always an ongoing objective for me, every mission i go into I make sure they get collected but always find that I end up not having enough space for EVERYTHING. But I'm going to have a go with less men, stop picking up unnecessary stuff and probably start trying out different war bands too!

Thanks for the help dude

Return to “Reikland Mercenaries”