Possible Character builds for a Mercenaries Warband

Discuss about the Reikland Mercenaries warriors, builds, skills, equipment, strategy and more!
MrPyro

Re: Possible Character builds for a Mercenaries Warband

Postby MrPyro » 03 December 2015, 13:19

What Kelmor said for the Warlock. They start weak, and I'd advise grabbing one at level 2 as a hired sword rather than trying to do the first two levels yourself if you have the cash. Once they get basic Lightning Bolt they can hang around the back dropping bolts and maybe doing some looting.

Kelmor

Postby Kelmor » 04 December 2015, 09:57

The damage of the Wizard at Level 10 is similar to that of a Maksman. You can have better RangeDDs in the Heroslot. A Youngblood or Chef will make better damage. But The Wizzard has some Aspekts the others don't have.
- He's a better supporter while still can switch to pure damage.
- He can do rangedamage to the sisters Impessive unit!
- His hitchance isn't reduced by obstacles or units partial blocking LOS. If he sees that little nose of that tofatrat, he can hit the rat at full hitchance. Because of the curse you only sling a spell when you have 95%. But that's always the case when you can use concentation. This point is the main reason why my Wizard is the MvP every now and than, and the reason why I have him and not a Youngblood. He's got a stiff upperlip and he shoots from the hip! :twisted:

Start the Wizard using a Bow. Master concentation asap. You always want that 95%. Max Ag, Int and BS and he will soon be the best Shooter in your stating Warband (if you don't have a Youngblood on Pistols). At Lvl 4-5 he will switch to Lightning. But the bow is still importent, because of the two curses which prevents you fom casting.

MrPyro

Postby MrPyro » 04 December 2015, 10:38

The other important thing about Lightning (and other damaging magic) is that it ignores armour absorption. So against heavily armoured enemies it is more useful than normal ranged attacks.

gunkie42

Postby gunkie42 » 09 December 2015, 14:07

Was making my leader a sword and board parry monster, then he met a deamonette in the library and he had a bit of extreme plastic surgery. Sword an board is a bit tougher if you only have one arm. So with the 20% dodge bonus I'm going to be pumping his agility to see how far he can go. Was a great mission though Luther finished it with only 3 HP and my leader wizard champion and young blood were down. Go archers!

Noltem

Postby Noltem » 10 December 2015, 20:58

I like playing it hardcore, so no firing people until they die, one of my shield and sword users got his arm severed and had to use a sword, still a valuable member of the team considering he now had more initiative, and even though he wasn't specialized in dodging when the situation came to it he was able to soak some damage.

I am doing it for the sake of doing but is there any advantage to a Born Leader Champion over a regular Merc Captain?

crimsonsun

Postby crimsonsun » 10 December 2015, 22:32

I like playing it hardcore, so no firing people until they die, one of my shield and sword users got his arm severed and had to use a sword, still a valuable member of the team considering he now had more initiative, and even though he wasn't specialized in dodging when the situation came to it he was able to soak some damage.

I am doing it for the sake of doing but is there any advantage to a Born Leader Champion over a regular Merc Captain?
Champion is better in combat, so if you buff with the likes of war cry and courage you can have it leading from the front with good damage resistance and huge damage out put. Personally however I feel a mercenary captain is very strong away if less so in the thick of the action and his free skill is seriously strong though it could lend to using him too heavily for a strict combat role.

Return to “Reikland Mercenaries”