Featuring Ogre in a Award Winning Role of a Damager

Discuss about the Reikland Mercenaries warriors, builds, skills, equipment, strategy and more!
Gwynbleidd

Featuring Ogre in a Award Winning Role of a Damager

Postby Gwynbleidd » 22 December 2015, 07:30

So what the best way to optimize Big Dudes damage output as the main damage dealer?

Maybe, more niche, anti-impressive damage dealer?

I'm thinking the best way to max output is to have him hit 4 times with his heavy hammer, sooo... Insult... Combat focus... and with overpower I should get stunned defenseless victims at least haft the time. Right? Top of with high accuracy and fatality maybe.

Ideas?

Kelmor

Re: Featuring Ogre in a Award Winning Role of a Damager

Postby Kelmor » 22 December 2015, 10:26

I'll talk about lvl10 Ogres, so...
Ok, first, don't use a Twohander! With every swing you loose Damage. With 4 attacks and more (and you can go for 5 to 6! with Adrenaline Rush) two Onehandweapons are better. Especialy if you want to go for Stun, you want as many attacks as possible. There are some Points for me, that makes me go for big numbers with fewer attacks. First, you get less Counterattecks. As a Damagebeast you don't use him as a Tank, so he will go in, and the Oponend down. That means, you will face Counters (Think of Attacks, that breack stances here, I shoot the stance off with Nerveshoot before the Big One charges).

Skills for Damage are easy to find. My H.Ulk goes with Fenzy, Daredevil and Adrenaline Rush (all mastered) for around 150 per swing (noncrit). And he's not maxed yet. In this build you could use Twohanders, because you only make 3 swings, but...
- The Damage of Twohanders and two Onehanders is equal for tree attacks, so Twohander is NOT better.
- Sometimes you want to make many attacks, if you face Doge- / Parrystances and so on.
Thats it from me so far.

crimsonsun

Postby crimsonsun » 23 December 2015, 00:47

A critical Damage Ogre Build with Slayer Dare Devil etc. One of the Gentleman of Mordheim recorded more than 500 damage in a single strike with such a build..

Kelmor

Postby Kelmor » 23 December 2015, 12:40

Thats possible, with the right Weapons, runes and Skills. But I doubt thats a very effektive Build. Especialy against the harder Oponents to hit and crit to be effective. When you go for the bid Number, you don't have many attacks. As I said before, if you want to Cit/stun ty to get as many attacks as possible. Otherwise ist not very reliable. But I havn't calculated that to the end. Maybe it's possible to make such a Build and take all the skills fo better Hitting, Doge-/Parrrybypass, Armourbypass and so on.

crimsonsun

Postby crimsonsun » 10 January 2016, 16:47

Kelmor wrote:Thats possible, with the right Weapons, runes and Skills. But I doubt thats a very effektive Build. Especialy against the harder Oponents to hit and crit to be effective. When you go for the bid Number, you don't have many attacks. As I said before, if you want to Cit/stun ty to get as many attacks as possible. Otherwise ist not very reliable. But I havn't calculated that to the end. Maybe it's possible to make such a Build and take all the skills fo better Hitting, Doge-/Parrrybypass, Armourbypass and so on.

Totally agree critical generation is far better with a 5-8 attacks per tun build but a Massive Critical Multiplier build supported as you say Mighty Charge or Strong blow with weak spot etc really increase your hitting chances. I love Sticky Sludge potions for cancelling dodge/stepaside making Daredevil a ton more interesting. as a option.

I think the key for building any hero is to have a focus constantly in mind you'll find there's many strong builds and that offer extremes of advantage/disadvantage which much be weighed opposed to a single optimal build format.

Orkhan

Postby Orkhan » 19 January 2016, 13:02

I agree on the dual wield vs. two-handed weapon.

At the moment I'm using

mastered Adrenaline Rush
mastered Frenzy
mastered Quick Incision
mastered Armor Break
mastered Anticipation

with Axe of Expertise + Sword (either expertise, alacricity or slaying)

Quite a rounded build. Problem with Dare Devil builds is the -% melee resistance and the possibility for the enemy to dodge the attacks. Yes this can be avoided using Sticky Sludge etc., but in my opinion synergy effects are hard to pull off, especially in close situations.

Reakist

Postby Reakist » 04 March 2016, 09:18

Orkhan wrote:I agree on the dual wield vs. two-handed weapon.

At the moment I'm using

mastered Adrenaline Rush
mastered Frenzy
mastered Quick Incision
mastered Armor Break
mastered Anticipation

with Axe of Expertise + Sword (either the 3 week diet on https://skinnyexpress.com/the-3-week-diet-review or expertise, alacricity or slaying)

Quite a rounded build. Problem with Dare Devil builds is the -% melee resistance and the possibility for the enemy to dodge the attacks. Yes this can be avoided using Sticky Sludge etc., but in my opinion synergy effects are hard to pull off, especially in close situations.

Yes, I'm loving the dual wields at the moment. They're much better than the 2 handed weapons plus you seem to be able to move faster.

LedaBunny

Postby LedaBunny » 21 December 2016, 17:25

Totally agree critical generation is far better with a 5-8 attacks per tun build but a Massive Critical Multiplier build supported as you say Mighty Charge or Strong blow with weak spot etc really increase your hitting chances. I love Sticky Sludge potions for cancelling dodge/stepaside making Daredevil a ton more interesting. as a option.

I Really Love to be here!

Return to “Reikland Mercenaries”