Rogue Factor is proud to provide you with this first update of the Early Access. Like we did before, we want to present you a list of all the updates that come with this version, but also the known issue and limitations of this Early Access version.
Our first content update is 0.15.4.4 and it provides the following new features:
- A new playable Warband: The Sister of Sigmar.
- New Hideout section, with weapon and armour selection: You're now provided with a chest full of weapons and armours which you'll be able to distribute among your units. Note that at the moment, only weapons and helmets will have a visual impact. The armour will not visually change on the character whether you choose cloth, light or heavy armour (but your changes will affect the stats though).
- Melee Attack made with 1 handed weapons had its cost reduced to 1 OP
- The cost of Charge and Ambush has been reduced to 1 OP
- Melee Attack, Charge, Ambush and Skills made with a Two Handed Weapons or Dual Wield costs 1 extra OP
- Shoot made with non-firearms range weapons had its cost reduced to 1 OP
- The cost of Overwatch has been reduced to 1 OP
- The cost of Aim has been reduced to 2 OP
- The Hit Chances of Aim has been increased
- Aim now also have extra Crit Chances
- Shoot, Overwatch, Aim and Skills made with a Firearms range weapons costs 1 extra OP
- The base cost of Reload has been increased to 2 SP
- The base roll to hit with a range weapon has been reduced to 70%
- Damage of all weapons have been revised and adjusted
- Damage of non-Firearms range weapons are on par with 1 Handed weapons
- Damage of Firearms range weapons is now on par with Two-Handed weapons
- The Shooting Distance of range weapons has been revised and modified
- Damage of Spells have been adjusted
- Damage of Skills have been adjusted
- The amount of initial Offense Points and Strategy Points has been adjusted for all units
- The Movement stat of every unit has been reduced by 2 meters per circles
- The Base Wounds of all units have been increased
- Damage modifiers of Strength on Melee Actions is now a percentage rather than a hard number
- Damage modifiers of Intelligence on Spells is now a percentage rather than a hard number
- Damage modifiers of Ballistic Skill on Range Actions is now a percentage rather than a hard number
- Wounds bonus from Toughness is now a percentage rather than a hard number
- Impressive Units have been adjusted to be a 2 Hero VS 1 Impressive battle
- During a flee, the Unit is now literally running away from its Enemy, not just stepping back.
- Tutorials and their messages have been adjusted to reflect the combat modifications
- The base roll to climb a 3 meter zone is now 60, a 6 meter zone is now 50 and a 9 meter zone is now 40
- Fixed Righteous Fury to remove the OP right away when successful
- The % required to initiate a Rout Test for Warbands has been increased from 25% to 35%
Because the game is still in development, some issues remain and could not be fixed in this version or have been discovered since its release. This is a list of the known issues we are aware of so far:
- 2 Actions not available in missions: In the 3rd Tutorial, one message is about looting an enemy. This is also being implemented and will be available soon. The last is praying at the Idol, in Tutorial 4. We're working on adding this for the next update.
- Invisible Walls: There might be some invisible walls between two buildings or a building and the street, but the unit should always have another way to go about it.
- Loading might still be long : We've been working on optimizing the loading time in the previous patch and manage to get good results but there's still room for improvement. We've added a tiny animation at the bottom right corner of the screen to show you the loading is still happening and the game's not freeze.
- Potential Graphical Bug and Xray: We still have work to do on our camera and we are evaluating the best option to do so right now, we used to have an xray system which would cut through the walls, but it seems it created a weird graphical bug (objects would render black/white, much like Sin City). We removed the xray for now and we will be working on a better solution for this issue.
- Attacking AI through a wall: It's possible to engage another unit through a wall, even if it's not visible to your current unit. If you do so against the AI, it won't be able to compute the action and the game will freeze leaving you no other choice but closing the game.
- Using the mouse in GUI with higher screen resolution: We would recommend not to play the game with a screen resolution higher than 1920x1080 as some GUI asset might become difficult to click.
- Information in the Lobby: There are some issues with the information displayed when refreshing the list in the lobby. You might see, for example, a lobby joined by a Steam Friend that is not available to you and that you won't be able to join.
- Switching to another program while playing: If you use Alt-Tab or minimize/maximize the game window while playing or loading, you might end up with a game crash or misbehaving game.
- Unit stat not updating on item selection: When you assign an item to a unit, in the customization screen, the unit stats will not update automatically on screen.
- Desynchronisation during online skirmish: You might encounter some random desynchronization while playing a skirmish online. We are investing everything that might cause such problem and all the feedback we can get from you will be very helpful.
If you get a game breaking bug, such as a crash to desktop, please make a post in the bug report section, and also send your output log found in your steam install directory: Steam\SteamApps\common\mordheim\mordheim_Data\output_log.txt
Email this log to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll take a look at it. Please link your post/thread in your email so we can return to it. A DxDiag can also be helpful, and if you managed to take a screenshot that will also help quite a bit.
- All 4 Tutorials of the game: The player will get comfortable with all the combat mechanics of the game.
- Play Skirmish games against AI or friends online: The AI is a little bit easy to beat, but playing against a friend is great fun.
- 2 Campaign Maps with 3 different deployment each: These are the same maps which will be used in our campaign, but with slight differences.
- 2 Procedural Maps with 10 different deployment types: These maps, being generated procedurally will give the player much variety as path, previously open will be closed, and even in the same deployment type, units will find themselves in different buildings etc. This is the great value, We have too many different types of building for me to count, plus props and bridges which are created procedurally to change the map.
- 2 Warbands with fixed equipment and statistics: Skaven from the Eshin Clan, and Mercenaries Reiklanders are at your disposition. In the tutorials you also get the experience the Sisters of Sigmar and Cult of the Possessed. Which will be the next playable warbands.
Rogue Factor & Focus Home Interactive.