We've been working furiously to continue development and fix Major blocking issues currently seen by players. Of note were difficulty starting a multiplayer game, and this is where most of our energy went for this 1st patch.
If you find any bugs or need some technical help, please refer to the appropriate forum for bugs reporting and technical issues, and do no post in general discussions. If you get a game breaking bug, such as a crash to desktop, please make a post in the bug report section, and also send your output log found in your steam install directory: Steam\SteamApps\common\mordheim\mordheim_Data\output_log.txt
Email this log to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll take a look at it. Please link this thread in your email so we can return to it.
A DxDiag can also be helpful, and if you managed to take a screenshot that will also help quite a bit.
This patch comes in as 0.14.4.6. Which is 2 builds up from the last public build. Please read below for a list of corrections, additions, and removals.
- Network Connectivity: We were aware, but were also advised of several problems associated with launching a mission (client would be disconnected) and timeouts when loading which would create "infinite loadings." We've corrected both these issues. As a result the loading has been optimized and runs asynchronously, So loading the maps should now be faster.
- Typos: There should be no more “Skavens” in the game, only Skaven. Other spelling corrections in loading screens have been made. Morale, not moral.
- Charge: Charge-ing around fences which have colliders but large "see through" areas will now block charge.
- AI blocked: when ambushing a unit in stairs, and attempting to engage, AI should behave better or not trigger Ambush.
- Ambush/Overwatch: When a unit is stunned it will no longer attempt to ambush. units will no longer attempt to ambush when they are engaged.
- Overview Map: icons should update their colour and visibility correctly.
- Merchant Map 2: The broken deployment "Cache" has been corrected and all deployments on all maps should work correctly.
- Modified Parry and Dodge base rolls to 30% instead of 60%
- Reduced damage of ranged weapons
- Increased amount of traps generated in Procedural Maps
- Careless Strike bonus has been reduced to 100% damage boost while melee resistance has been reduced to 50%
We know that the connectivity issues have affected many players and hope they will find it in their hearts to try the game again, now that this part is much more stable. We aren't stopping and there should be an update coming up soon with playable Sisters of Sigmar and equipment customization.
Thank you for your interest toward Mordheim: City of the Damned, and thank you for your support!
Rogue Factor & Focus Home Interactive.