Release Notes Early Access V1 Patch 1

All new information about Mordheim: City of the Damned Early Access
Epy
Administrateur

Release Notes Early Access V1 Patch 1

Postby Epy » 03 December 2014, 18:00

Hello Everyone

We've been working furiously to continue development and fix Major blocking issues currently seen by players. Of note were difficulty starting a multiplayer game, and this is where most of our energy went for this 1st patch.

If you find any bugs or need some technical help, please refer to the appropriate forum for bugs reporting and technical issues, and do no post in general discussions. If you get a game breaking bug, such as a crash to desktop, please make a post in the bug report section, and also send your output log found in your steam install directory: Steam\SteamApps\common\mordheim\mordheim_Data\output_log.txt
Email this log to logs@rogue-factor.com and we'll take a look at it. Please link this thread in your email so we can return to it.
A DxDiag can also be helpful, and if you managed to take a screenshot that will also help quite a bit.

This patch comes in as 0.14.4.6. Which is 2 builds up from the last public build. Please read below for a list of corrections, additions, and removals.

Fixes
  • Network Connectivity: We were aware, but were also advised of several problems associated with launching a mission (client would be disconnected) and timeouts when loading which would create "infinite loadings." We've corrected both these issues. As a result the loading has been optimized and runs asynchronously, So loading the maps should now be faster.
  • Typos: There should be no more “Skavens” in the game, only Skaven. Other spelling corrections in loading screens have been made. Morale, not moral.
  • Charge: Charge-ing around fences which have colliders but large "see through" areas will now block charge.
  • AI blocked: when ambushing a unit in stairs, and attempting to engage, AI should behave better or not trigger Ambush.
  • Ambush/Overwatch: When a unit is stunned it will no longer attempt to ambush. units will no longer attempt to ambush when they are engaged.
  • Overview Map: icons should update their colour and visibility correctly.
  • Merchant Map 2: The broken deployment "Cache" has been corrected and all deployments on all maps should work correctly.
Balancing Tweaks
  • Modified Parry and Dodge base rolls to 30% instead of 60%
  • Reduced damage of ranged weapons
  • Increased amount of traps generated in Procedural Maps
  • Careless Strike bonus has been reduced to 100% damage boost while melee resistance has been reduced to 50%
I'm not making a list of Known issues in this case, as known issues not listed here as being corrected can be assumed to still exist. a fuller list of known issues will be compiled for the upcoming update, which will be much longer than this post.

We know that the connectivity issues have affected many players and hope they will find it in their hearts to try the game again, now that this part is much more stable. We aren't stopping and there should be an update coming up soon with playable Sisters of Sigmar and equipment customization.

Thank you for your interest toward Mordheim: City of the Damned, and thank you for your support!

Rogue Factor & Focus Home Interactive.

Bart VonDoom

Re: Release Notes Early Access V1 Patch 1

Postby Bart VonDoom » 03 December 2014, 18:05

It's nice, but we need more content, this early access really start to be super boring with only 2 warbands and not much to do.

It's just so repetitive, I have stopped playing it.

Please add more playable content.

Thanks,

Bart Von Doom.

Krovax

Postby Krovax » 03 December 2014, 18:13

Finally... :) More than 2 weeks but finally fixed the connectivity... Currently updating, will try it right after the download ends.

The Red Graf

Postby The Red Graf » 03 December 2014, 18:26

Overview Map? How do I access that?
Ultima Ratio Regum

Brutalis

Postby Brutalis » 03 December 2014, 18:31

Press ALT in game to access the overview map,

Good job on the update, looks to me like you focused on fixing the right issues first.

Looking forward to the next updates!

Best Regards
"That damned Ratman was the Ruin of me, all of my men he killed, and as he hunts in the shadows stalking his prey, my vengeance burns within brighter than ever. Old lockland will find its target and Jasper will be no more"

Ragnar One-eye

Deuzerre

Postby Deuzerre » 03 December 2014, 18:38

Glad to (finally) see this update rolling out.

Thanks for the stuff. It's also good that all those "gamebreaking" issues were fixed.

thomas aagaard

Postby thomas aagaard » 03 December 2014, 18:50

Reduced damage of ranged weapons
In my oppinion the damage was not the problem.

Firing into melee is. And rate of fire for all firearms and crossbows.
Make the rifle and similar into a weapon that you only fire every second turn, but with high damage.
Thomas Aagaard
9th Stirland Regiment of Spears...

khan1104

Postby khan1104 » 03 December 2014, 18:52

Thank you so much, you made me very happy :D

Skaw

Postby Skaw » 03 December 2014, 19:09

Nice. Now loads faster (50-60 secs, more or less) and ranged weapons aren't as OP as they were (now, reduce the chance to hit and do something about shooting in melee :D).

This wouldn't me make to play the game more right now, but when they introduce the XP and let us choose equipment, will do. I love this patch, guys :)

PS: Just a question: The units movement has been reduced? I think I can walk less than I used to (and that's a good thing)
PS 2: Let us have AI warbands with the same rating so the game is a bit interesting.

the_dtox

Postby the_dtox » 03 December 2014, 21:29

Excellent, thanks for the update Epy and well done to the TEAM for prioritising and rolling out this fix ASAP.
It's nice, but we need more content, this early access really start to be super boring with only 2 warbands and not much to do.

It's just so repetitive, I have stopped playing it.

Please add more playable content.

Thanks,

Bart Von Doom.
Wow, did you not just read the last part of his post? It's coming. Be patient and don't act like a spoilt child. I don't see how you could be so bored of the alpha thus far considering 50-60% of games did not even load. I've barely touched it since the second day.

Return to “Official Announcements”