EARLY ACCESS: CURRENT CONTENT & FUTURE UPDATES

All new information about Mordheim: City of the Damned Early Access
Epy
Administrateur

EARLY ACCESS: CURRENT CONTENT & FUTURE UPDATES

Postby Epy » 26 November 2014, 13:37

Greetings Mordheim fans!

You will find below a reminder which will tell you the current and the incoming content in the Early Acces of Mordheim: City of the Damned.
Early Access Current Content:
  • Image3 WARBANDS with one preset roster each – The Sisters of Sigmar, the Human Mercenaries from the Empire and the Skaven from Clan Eshin
  • ImageWARBAND MANAGEMENT: adjust your Warband's weaponry and equipment (which will expand throughout the Early Access phase)
  • 2 PROCEDURAL MAPS AND 2 UNIQUE MAPS (the procedural maps have randomly generated elements meaning they will never be the same)
  • BATTLE FOR VICTORY: classic deathmatch with preset Warbands for single player and multiplayer
  • 4 TUTORIALS to teach the core mechanics of the game
Coming in the next Early Access Update:
  • 1 NEW WARBAND The Cult of the Possessed, with one preset roster
  • EXTENDED WARBAND MANAGEMENT: switch and replace units from the reserve into your Warband
  • NEW SKIRMISH MISSION OBJECTIVES
Coming in future Early Access updates:

List is subject to change depending on your feedback.
  • WARBAND MANAGEMENT:
    • Hire new units and customize your roster
    • Gain XP and upgrade their attribute & skill points
    • Aesthetic clothing and equipment customization for all Warbands
    • Buy new items and equip units
    • Item enchantment mechanic
    • Upkeep payment system
    • Extended level cap for the Warbands
    • Wyrdstones smuggling mechanic to improve faction favor across different factions
  • PERMADEATH AND INJURIES: out of action units will now have to face the consequences of falling in combat
  • NEW SINGLE PLAYER MODES:
    • Campaign with 2 Acts and 8 unique missions for each Warband (the 4 missions from Act1 will be progressively distributed during Early Access, the 4 missions from Act2 will be available at release)
    • Skirmish modes (more victory conditions in addition to Battle for Victory)
  • 4 DRAMATIS PERSONAE (one per faction): these are powerful allies that you can play during your solo campaign missions
  • MONSTER UNITS: denizens of Mordheim lurking in the dark corners of the city
  • 6 NEW UNIQUE MAPS: offering new environments for the main missions of your campaign. These maps can also be used in other single player/multiplayer modes.
  • 6 NEW PROCEDURAL MAPS: offering unlimited side missions for the solo campaign. These maps can also be used in other single player/multiplayer modes
  • NEW MULTIPLAYER MODES: Skirmish modes (more victory conditions in addition to Battle for Victory)
  • MORE SUPPORTED LANGUAGES

Thank you for your interest toward Mordheim: City of the Damned, and thank you for your support!

Rogue Factor & Focus Home Interactive.

thomas aagaard

Re: EARLY ACCESS: CURRENT CONTENT & FUTURE UPDATES

Postby thomas aagaard » 26 November 2014, 13:50

Campaign with 2 Acts and 8 unique missions for each Warband (the 4 missions from Act1 will be progressively distributed during Early Access, the 4 missions from Act2 will be available at release)
Do that mean only 8 missions in the single player campaign? sound very very low.
Or is this just during EA and more will be added after release?
Thomas Aagaard
9th Stirland Regiment of Spears...

wcparker

Postby wcparker » 26 November 2014, 13:54

Well, 8 unique missions per warband = 32 unique missions, which sounds not too shabby to me.

Edit: Devs, thank you for this! Looking forward to it all.
Last edited by wcparker on 26 November 2014, 14:08, edited 1 time in total.

DeZako

Postby DeZako » 26 November 2014, 13:59

Great to see content being added soon, but dowe have any sort of info regarding when to expect the next update?

Skaw

Postby Skaw » 26 November 2014, 14:52

Campaign with 2 Acts and 8 unique missions for each Warband (the 4 missions from Act1 will be progressively distributed during Early Access, the 4 missions from Act2 will be available at release)
Do that mean only 8 missions in the single player campaign? sound very very low.
Or is this just during EA and more will be added after release?
I had the same question, buf read it again: "8 unique missions for each Warband". Sure, you'll play 8 missions, unique missions. Plus random generated procedural maps (the ones every band will play). So, for each campaing, we will play dozens of missions, 8 of them, unique and pre-fixed.

Vigdis

Postby Vigdis » 26 November 2014, 15:01

Hey, I'm happy to hear this.......That's good news !

Good job, and keep the faith !

Le_Carabinier

Postby Le_Carabinier » 26 November 2014, 15:21

The Sisters are my favorite band among the four we had the occasion to play in the tutorial, so that's great news.

However, the numbered missions kind of worry me. I expected something more like a sandbox game, something like Blood Bowl's single player mode.

If I understand well, the only way to play and progress witout limits with your own warband will be multiplayer ?

thomas aagaard

Postby thomas aagaard » 26 November 2014, 15:29

number of missions in campaign: As I understand it you can do ordinary trips into the city resulting in random mission. And then there are the story missions that is unique.
Thomas Aagaard
9th Stirland Regiment of Spears...

wcparker

Postby wcparker » 26 November 2014, 16:00

Question: Will we be getting slings? I think of them as an iconic skirmisher's weapon. If the animation is an issue, they could be swung from out of camera.

Skaw

Postby Skaw » 26 November 2014, 17:25

number of missions in campaign: As I understand it you can do ordinary trips into the city resulting in random mission. And then there are the story missions that is unique.
Yes. And sometimes you can't advance to the next Unique mission unless you reach a certain warband value.

Return to “Official Announcements”